Sign in to follow this  
Don Martin

My muzzleloader 6A Bull

Guys:

Since the new elk regs are out, thought I would share a photo of the 6 X 6 bull I got in Unit 6A last fall. I drew a early muzzleloader tag.

Got lucky when I found this bruiser on the second day of the hunt, and took a pair of shots, that were spaced by 4 days to put him down for good.

Both shots were under 100 yards.

Bull green scores 378 6/8 and that doesn't include 6 2/8 inches of broken off antler.

Last time I personally apply for AZ bull elk. I'm A confirmed antlerless elk hunter now. Don't want to wait forever to get another good tag. Want to go elk hunting ( with my own tag) every year.

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

post-3669-1293087720_thumb.jpg

Great Bull. What caliber and load did you use?

I used an old Knight Mk-85 .50 caliber stainless rifle. I was shooting the Barnes polymer tipped, boattail bullets, pushed by 100 grains of Triple 7. I had the Knight conversion kit in too so I used a Rem. 209 ML primer.

This bull had a 5 inch straight cut on his left shoulder, look like it was made by a broadhead that just skimmed off of him. Bull was either walking towards or away from the archer. Bet that guy had a story that nobody would believe!

Don Martin

AWO

Love it when a good plan comes together, great story and picture, thanks for sharing

Congratulations on an awesome bull. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the cow hunts to come. Can't eat the antlers. :)

TJ

Well I'm glad you got a bull of a lifetime, and don't get me wrong, but I'm glad theres one less guy comepeting for a bull tag too....lol

Great job getting tagging out after two shots!