couesdeerhntr

2010 AZ Archery Coues Deer Hunt

This is my 2010 archery coues deer. I spent two years on this waterhole the first year it dried up the weekend before the august opener. Then this year it was full and I got my chance to fling a few arrows. Opening morning started off right away. I was in the blind for no more then 15min and a real nice buck came in. I don't know how big but it got my adrenaline going. I didn't have my window down on the side he came in on, so I had to try and lower it as slowly as I could. There were two other bucks with him and the youngest one picked me off and they spooked. The big buck ran about thirty yards and stopped. I guessed the range and let one fly. The arrow flew right over his back. It must have been a little closer than I thought. The rest of the day went well with deer hittin up the waterhole pretty much all day every thirty minutes or so but nothin came in that I had been seeing on my game camera the rest of the day. The following morning started off just as good with some 2x2s coming in and a few does. Then at about 1030 in the morning I had four bucks come in. There was a spike, a 2x2, and two 3x3s. The two 3x3s were definitely shooters so I decided to take a shot. The bigger of the 3x3s picked me off and spooked a little as I drew my bow back and hit my bow on blind. So I decided to take the smaller 3x3 of the bunch. This deer was just as much of a trophy as the other three would have been. Double lunged him and he only ran maybe fourty yards and took a nap. Check out my video at youtube.com. the title of the video is 2010 AZ Archery Coues Deer Hunt, here is the link

post-5098-1293234399_thumb.jpg

i didnt have the buck scored. got him as quick as i could to the taxidermist. taxidermist said it was at least 90inches. dont think it hit the 100 mark. going to have it scored by pope and young when i get it back if i still can. does anyone know if i would be able to after mounted. i looked for some info on how to score in velvet and i dont think there is a 60 day drying period for the velvet deer or risrtrictions that i can find except there is a deduction for the velvet if i am not mistaken but not sure.

Nice Deer! That is a trophy for sure. I really like your video, it shows the euphoric feeling that is felt when there is a great shot on a critter. It is also awesome that you got to spend time with someone in the blind and they got to witness and film all of it.

Absolutely awesome video. Congratulations and that had to be some big time adrenalin. Thanks for sharing and congratulations.

:)

TJ

I posted my hunt video and some pictures of this buck on you tube. The tittle of video is 2010az archery coues deer hunt. Video is a two and a half minutes long the shot is at one minute thirty second. Got over thirty minutes of video of different bucks and does but only posted the two minute video because loading the full video would take forever. Hope u guys enjoy. I sure do lol watch it everyday.

Sorry, not interested in the 4 wheeler. But I am interested in seeing a closeup of your buck, and more pics if you got it back from the taxi. :)

--Bill