missedagain

Lion hunt

CouesAZ,

I give you props for backing off the road until those other hunters got a better look. I agree with what you did and have done the same. And I'll always give someone the go ahead in situations like that. But that's NOTHING compared to finding a lion track that you're about to turn some dogs loose on when some random guy pulls up and says "that's mine, just waiting for some dogs..." Getting a better look at a bedded buck is far more of a guaruntee at actually shooting it as opposed to turning dogs on a track and catching a lion. But wait, I'm not a houndsman, what do I know?

And since I'm not a houndsman but I'd love to cut a track, I'm sure given the excact scenerio and facts involved, AZoutlaw and DBcooper would have gladly kept driving by and wished me luck as I waited who knows how long for some dogs...

Db cooper. I hope I understand you. You think this forum favors hounds. I understand that azoutlaw's friend was waiting on hounds. One had dogs he paid for and raised. The other was waiting for a friends hounds. Either way, I think those that raise, pay for vet, food, ect. Deserve a little more respect than spitting on them.

Tines,

I probably would have stopped and asked you how you were doing etc....and then drove away to let you enjoy your hunt. I'm not saying I am without fault just that my grandpa taught me a thing or two about being a sportsman. Who knows maybe you would have asked my to stick around and help out. I don't have a cool nickname like "giant slayer" or " terminator of only trophy beasts" but maybe I don't need one.

"Let's play lion tamer!" Get on your hands and knees and I'll put my head in your mouth!"

andys nickname is not the giant slayer, i don't believe anyone calls him that on here. I threw THAT on there because we talk every once in a while and I know he has been hunting his butt off but still having a rough year with lions. when he did Finally get the job done HE caught the biggest lion I've ever seen.....and i've seen a couple....... granted I've only seen pictures of the tom they caught...... but that thing isn't right.

I do not speak for anyone else, or this board, don't take my little joke so literally dbcooper.

Mike

520-840-5252

JustBones,

Maybe, I wasn't clear. I'm not saying that I spit on hound owners. Truth be told, I have a bluetick and two walker crosses. What I am saying is that I spit on the attitude of people who think it is ok to bully in on a track or animal just because they are better equipped. As for this example, where two people were at different parts of the track line then find out that they are hunting the same animal? The gentleman thing to do would be for the second hunter to defer to the first if the story is plausible. I understand that the first hunter was down the road. I personally would never have left the track in the first place and I would never have told someone that it was my track unless I was practically straddling it. That is how I avoid this kind of situation.

Tines,

I probably would have stopped and asked you how you were doing etc....and then drove away to let you enjoy your hunt. I'm not saying I am without fault just that my grandpa taught me a thing or two about being a sportsman. Who knows maybe you would have asked my to stick around and help out. I don't have a cool nickname like "giant slayer" or " terminator of only trophy beasts" but maybe I don't need one.

"Let's play lion tamer!" Get on your hands and knees and I'll put my head in your mouth!"

You stopping and asking me how I was doing while wishing me luck as you were driving off would require me to actually be SITTING ON THE TRACK. That wasn't the case in this scenerio unless AZoutlaw (or his friend) isn't sharing the ENTIRE story. We're going in circles, here. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one (obviously). I didn't have a grandpa to teach me about how to be a sportsman, but I was fortunate to have a dad around to teach me integrity, good morals and common sense (which obviously can be carried into the field). And I do that. I assure you that I'm much more considerate than what you might think. I'm also perfectly content with my reputation as a sportsman. I hope that your buddy finds another track soon that he can get dogs on and chase successfully. Good luck.....

Tines,

Just for the record, I don't know anyone here. I'm just a newbie who was stupid enough to get caught up this disagreement. I'm sure everyone here is a great guy to have on your side.

On a different note, was the original topic of this thread ever addressed?

And, how much did the lion in question weigh?

Well said cooper. It did get kinda of hand. That's the problem with technology. No human aspect in this conversation. Things can be missunderstood in a hurry. Kinda like texting. My wife gets upset a lot.

With an archery deer hunt and an archery pig hunt going on in the same unit I would have found it difficult to gather all that information out of a truck track in a road. If a truck was on the track or dog tracks on the track I think Andy would have kept going. Well I know he would have. Also, the track hunter thought the track was going one way and Andy thought it was going the other, so the agreement was made that he would go the way he thought it went and if he was wrong, he would load up the dogs and go home and these dogs that were "on the way" could have a go at it. Sounds fair to me?????? There were 5 people who were there and listened to the agreement. This is what I was told by all involved although I was not anywhere around. Stuff like that happens on occasion I guess but the name calling is unnecessary. Maybe the best thing is to take your dogs when you go lion hunting. Just some food for thought.

And the sad thing is bear hunters are worse than lion hunters. A bear hunter will run his dogs right up beside yours then he will reach up and pull your pants down to trip you up as they run right past you to the tree. Haha. It is a tuff game.

I dont have to much to say about the rest of this topic... but this quote is the funniest thing i have read in awhile... picture a guy running dogs with a gun and trying to pull up his pants... thats funny...

Who cares which way the lion was going. That story proves andy knew the track had already been found and should have went on to find his own track. Pretty easy to "Reach an agreement" when there are 4 guys to the 1. Andy being the more experienced hunter im sure knew which way the lion was going and the whole time they were "Making the agreement" he was laughing inside saying to himself how this idiot doesnt know which way its going and i am going to catch it out from under him. Oh well like i said it really makes no difference but does show the true colors of some people on here.

Who cares which way the lion was going.

HA... that's got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!

I guess there are some people that like to catch lions and others that just like to see where they've been!

TAM, you missed the point completely.

But I get the piont real clear... You need stop acting like a sissy baby and understand, Andy did'nt do a dang thing wrong. Terry