jamaro

Nichols Guide Service.. WMA???

Hey Everybody...

I have wanted to do a spring bear hunt for the longest time and I was thinking about going to Canada but I don't know if I could stare at a pile of donuts all day and not jump out of the stand and snack on a few so I started looking at different options... It looks like there are some Spring Bear hunts on the Res ... Does anybody have any experience with Nichols Guide Service??

thanks

Jason

They are good at bear hunting. I have ran into them in the field on bear in the pear hunts and seen them in action. Nice guys too. The res is full of bears too, I can't imagine it would be a bad time....

Bret M.

one of my family friends is one of the nichols guides moms. she is an older lady that i used to mow her lawn, till i got to busy at discount tire. but her son guides for them. i hear lots of bear stories so they are a great service, i would definately hire them.

If you want to hunt bears on WMA res, try to hook up with Marty Gatewood. He's a native guide and really knows his bears.

Nick

Guest 300ultramag.

you will be in good hands with both parties.. the nichols will take good care of ya..

I hunted with Nichols Guiding Service this past May. Jared Nichols was my guide and after my buddy backed out of the hunt I decided to do a 2 bear hunt. On day 1 I shot a 420 lb black after a several hour chase with hounds. We started the chase after seeing the bear's pic on a trail cam set on a bait site. The next evening I shot a 507 lb chocolate bear over bait at last light. He missed the B&C by 2/8". You couldn't find a harder working outfitter than Nichols. I too considered Canada and Alaska but the number of bears on the WMA is simply amazing. No bugs, no airline travel and over the counter tags is simply a great deal. The biggest problem in hunting with Jared is trying not to pull the trigger on the first bear you see. He can literally have you looking at several bears each day. In addition, it is some of the most beautiful country in Arizona. While driving to the 1st bait site on day one we saw antelope, coues and mule deer, elk, and turkey. Jared is 100% opportunity on bears, whether rifle, handgun or archery.

Wow.. that is great to hear...I ended up booking with a different outfitter because I was having a hard time getting a hold of Jerod... But It is going to be an interesting hunt

Hope your hunt turns out good Jason. I have seen pictures from Jarred's WMA bear hunts. The bears don't look like the AZ bears I usally find. Ive seen some pictures of huge bears.

Hey Everybody...

I have wanted to do a spring bear hunt for the longest time and I was thinking about going to Canada but I don't know if I could stare at a pile of donuts all day and not jump out of the stand and snack on a few so I started looking at different options... It looks like there are some Spring Bear hunts on the Res ... Does anybody have any experience with Nichols Guide Service??

thanks

Jason

wHEN IS THE HUNT??

Hey Everybody...

thanks

Jason

wHEN IS THE HUNT??

It is in TWO WEEKS!! I am jacked up.....