Redman

Unit 32 Nov. Buck

I finally got a mature buck. I found him on opening morning but he gave me the slip. I'd seen a lot of bucks but none as big as him. I was going to hunt until I found him again, luckily I found him again but almost to soon (because now I'm sitting at my computer instead of on the side of a hill). This time he did not get away. I wish January 2006 would hurry up and get here.

Redman

Deer%20007%20(1024%20x%20768).jpg[/url][/img]

Congrats....that's a great buck. Were you hunting down by the Mercer/Mammoth Area? We were in there and it was a zoo. Never again. It was an absolute joke. Even if you walked quite a ways off the road....there was someone right there. I have never seen so many people converge on an area in my life. We saw tons of does fortunately away from people but no bucks. Again Congrats.

Congratulations are defintely in order! :) :) :D

Here is a nice handshake from me to you on that buck!

That is an absolutely great buck. Nice mass and good length. What about weight?

What was the full story? You said he was almost too soon? :angry:

Nice picture too by the way.

What did he score? I will guess in the 108 range.

Congrats on that buck :) Thats a wall hanger for sure :angry:

Very nice buck Redman.

He will look great on your wall :angry:

Congratulations are definitely in order! :)? :)? :D

Here is a nice handshake from me to you on that buck!

That is an absolutely great buck. Nice mass and good length. What about weight?

What was the full story? You said he was almost too soon? :angry:

Nice picture too by the way.

What did he score? I will guess in the 108 range.

Thanks az4life, after rushing off the mountain in excitement the last couple of years I have learned to enjoy the moment and take my time. Take good pictures and live the good ol days. Finally getting a great buck this early in the hunt is bitter sweet. I would have loved to hunted all week and take him on the last day. I really enjoy being out there, but I couldn't pass him up just to keep hunting. I now have to find something to do this week since I'm on vacation.

I drooped him off at the taxidermist, it was late, he didn't get scored. He's pushing 100. His left G2 was a little short about 5 inches so that may hurt.

On the first day after seeing him I busted my butt (and knee) and hit my rifle and scope very hard, so that made me quit for most of the day. I had to re-sight in my gun. I was about 6 inches off to the right at 100 yds.

The next night a good friend met me and in the morning we got into shooting position before daylight were I had see him the day before. After about 45 minutes of glassing I picked up some deer and my friend picked him up in the group. Watched him for about 20 minutes and I finally got settled down. He was 279 yds away, I missed my first two shots, but my third shot hit the mark and he did not move. I was afraid in the ruckus I was going to shoot a smaller buck, but my friend did a great job staying with him and giving me landmarks to quickly pick him up. I doubt I could have gotten this buck without his help.

Redman

Beautiful buck! I love his frame, and character! I would definitely say he's around 97-98", A tremendous buck. I know what you mean about sitting in front of the computer instead of being out there. I killed mine on Fri. morning and home by late Fri. night, couldn't pass it up. That's an awesome buck!

Redman,

Congrats on a great buck! Great job!

REDMAN,

Congrats on a nice buck.

I guess come March I'll be betting on what ever you bet hoping your luck keeps up!! LOL

REDDOG

REDMAN,

Congrats on a nice buck.

I guess come March I'll be betting on what ever you bet hoping your luck keeps up!! LOL

REDDOG

Let's wait and see what happens in January. If I arrow a buck, then bet with me on the tournament and lets hope UA doesn't choke on this year.

Redman