Sign in to follow this  
CouesBuckhunter

2011 34a HAM Hunt

I had been watching a big herd of pigs, 22 pigs strong, and 2 days before opening day a big ol lion jumped them out of there beds. but the next 2 days i got caught up in life and wasnt able to watch them. So when opening day came me and my dad headed out, i told him where we need to go so we made the hike to the glassing hill. we filmed along the way and once we got on the glassing hill we filmed me getting the 15 swarovskis and tripod set up, and the whole time we heard them feeding. I had just set up the glasses when we looked up and they were below us, 200 yrds from where the lion jumped them. so we re-pack and get down there. There was a finger in the middle of the canyon and they were on the other side of it. my dad filmed me easing down there and once we got into position on the other side of the finger from the pigs we dropped the packs and filmed me sneaking in. I eased over the finger and there was pig everywhere. I was looking for any pig that was big and didnt have young ones (i dont like to shoot sows), some kept walking out at 30yrds but wouldnt stay still. finally i had one walk out at 29 yrds and turn broadside, i made sure my dad was on them with the camera and i drew back, and my pse bowmadness released that ol swhacker and dropped him where he stood. The pigs all around my pig didnt even flinch, they just stood there feeding. so my dad handed the camera over and got an arrow knocked as the ol boar walked down at 25yrds and fell as my dads pse axe sent a swhacker into his lungs.

I got this story in too late because i got caught up in school.

this is a pic of some in the herd, took it through my swarofvskis at a mile out

post-4675-0-70275200-1297547736_thumb.jpg

my dads pig

post-4675-0-50337000-1297548194_thumb.jpg

my pigpost-4675-0-43330200-1297548779_thumb.jpg

It's never to late to post a story with pics on here. Congratulations to you and your Dad. Hunting with family is just plane awesome and especially when it's your Dad. Thanks for sharing and I to would like to see some footage if you can post it up. :)

TJ