Sign in to follow this  
Chef

Shout out to CMC Skull Works!

Ladies and Gents,

I just wanted to thank one of our sponsors here for his great service.

I now highly recommend Cole's work and will be a repeat customer.

I contacted Cole shortly after returning from my mule deer hunt in late November to ask some questions on his Euro mounts.

The conversation went well and I decided to hire him for his dermestid beetle services.

He is based out of Tucson and he met me halfway in Casa Grande (I'm in Phx) so I could drop off my caped head with him.

I got a call from him last week to let me know my mount would be finished this week.

He again, met me halfway to deliver my cleaned skull.

The difference in boiling vs beetle cleaning is tremendous to say the least.

My first surprise was at how white the skull was in comparison to skulls I've boiled and bleached in the past.

Next was my admiration at how much fine bone is left intact on the skull itself.

From the nasal passages to the area in front of the eyes that I normally lose while boiling.

Thanks again Cole. Fine job my man!

My skull is now ready for metallizing.

Also Thanks for the support of the website!

post a pic if you can. I also highly recommend cole, he is running a fantastic business with great customer service

+1 cole will go out of his way to pick up your stinky heads.....

I meet Cole this weekend as well to pick up a skull from my November hunt. We meet in Eloy and it was great that he was willing to meet us as we came from Phoenix. I have seen his work before, but this was the first time I had him clean a skull of mine. Needless to say, I was very impressed. Didn't have any of the cracking that I get when I boil my skulls. Teeth are in perfect condition. Plus, it is super white and doesn't smell! For the price, it was well worth it.

Here are some pictures of his work (if I uploaded correctly, never have posted pics before). Tried to give you a few angles to see how good he did. Thanks Cole!post-4237-0-50401400-1298828506_thumb.jpgpost-4237-0-41324000-1298828509_thumb.jpgpost-4237-0-35066900-1298828512_thumb.jpgpost-4237-0-81531100-1298828514_thumb.jpgpost-4237-0-85395100-1298828516_thumb.jpg

"+1 cole will go out of his way to pick up your stinky heads..... "

Cole did my archery Elk for me, I had it wrapped in garbage bags for a week while I helped my buddy on his archery Elk hunt. I met him out East of Tucson, the head was so bad that I towed a trailer with it in it. When Cole got there he opened it up and tried to cut the eyeballs out and puked a little! I laughed at him! He did a great job on my Elk!

the bugs definitelt do the job! Ive taken a few 'yote skulls to Cole before and he has my '11 archery buck now. One tip I might add, freeze your skull when you get it back, sometimes those lil buggers get stuck in the nasal cavity or somewheres and you definitely dont want to introduce any live dermestid beetles to your taxidermy collection.

I have done a few for friends and for myself but I boiled them and know the hard work that goes in to doing a good job. There is more work to this than meets the eye. Cole's work looks superb and much superior to anything I've done. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Thanks guy for the work and I am really glad to hear you are happy with your skulls. The bugs normaly die when the skull is degreased and whitned. But there is a chance that there might be a survivor along for the ride. Here are some picture and Thanks again

cole

post-1877-0-74253200-1299001293_thumb.jpg

post-1877-0-97137600-1299001379_thumb.jpg

post-1877-0-81217600-1299001495_thumb.jpg

Those skulls look great! Good tip on freezing the skull too, I never thought of that.

I gave Cole my buck from Alabama to clean. As others have mentioned, he went out of his way to meet me so I could get the skull to him. And I had to change the date of delivery at the last minute too. He was very accomodating, thanks Cole!