bonecollector

2011 elk/Antelope tags

I drew a tag for the first three-day rifle cow elk hunt at Flat Top Mountain outside Eager.

Bill Quimby

Bill, congratulations on your elk tag. When is your hunt dates?

TJ

Thanks, TJ. The season is August 5-8. Don't have topo maps for the area yet, but it appears to be a small area south of Eagar, east of Water Canyon and west of Nutriosa Creek. It may or may not include the Sipes Wildlife Area, which I do know. I plan to spend much time learning that area this summer. I can't walk much any more, but I sure can sit a tank or a spring and wait for a herd to show up. I'm really excited. This may be my last elk hunt.

Bill Quimby

I drew a tag for the first three-day rifle cow elk hunt at Flat Top Mountain outside Eager.

Bill Quimby

Bill, congratulations on your elk tag. When is your hunt dates?

TJ

Thanks, TJ. The season is August 5-8. Don't have topo maps for the area yet, but it appears to be a small area south of Eagar, east of Water Canyon and west of Nutriosa Creek. It may or may not include the Sipes Wildlife Area, which I do know. I plan to spend much time learning that area this summer. I can't walk much any more, but I sure can sit a tank or a spring and wait for a herd to show up. I'm really excited. This may be my last elk hunt.

Bill Quimby

Talk to the game ranger up, they will tell you what to do and who to contact. The road to the top of flat top has been closed for a few years. These elk come into town at night.

Elk 03134 REJECT Rejected INVALID/MISSING BIRTH DATE

Oh DUDE!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T DO THAT ............

I know...I caught the mistake two days after the deadline. I was born in 1969 and I typed 1966 on accident when filling out my application. I really don't get it. I don't even get a bonus point. After six years in a row of not getting drawn I have 5 points. Three years ago I bought a bow and started put in for archery only hunts in hope to fill the freezer. No luck there... If I ever get drawn, I fear it will be my last time in this state. I am tired of playing the game. It's pretty sad that as an Arizona Native if I want to hunt elk I am forced to go to another state to do so.

Sorry for the rant but, I am just a little bitter with the system and my own stupidity!!!

The one good thing that has come from trying to Elk Hunt in Arizona is that I found a new love and a calling "Bow Hunting / Archery".

Congrats to all that were drawn and all that filled out there application correctly.

Enjoy the hunt,

detox

You want to talk about a huge almost mistake. I was pulling up to G&F to drop off apps and somehow(God)I thought to myself "Did I date the checks??". I opened both envelopes and sure as heck... I didn't. I got them dropped with minutes to spare.

Sorry to hear about your mistake there man. I've done it too. My brother-in-law has forgotten to mark the resident box twice. Don't worry, you'll draw again soon. This is the first Az elk tag I've drawn since 01.

YES! 5B South Cow archery. Time to put down the golf clubs and pick up the Bow!

Unit 1 Nov 25 - Dec 1 Bul Elk General Hunt (rifle)!

1st time being drawn for Elk in AZ! Been her and applying for 8 years. This was my second choice hunt. 1st was some stupid 40 tag rut hunt I'll never get drawn for.

Later,

Matt

We got drawn for the Nov25 Bull hunt in 4a. I'll be hunting with my brother as always. This year my brother in law and nephew put in with us for the first time. Right now my nephew is somewhere in Afghanistan. He gets out in September. This will be his first elk hunt. I'm stoked and hope we can put him in front of a nice bull.

Lee

Blanked. Im ok with it as a killed a bull this past year in 22.

We have one cow tag in our group this year and a buddie that drew a unit 1 early tag.

After 11 years of waiting my wish comes true!! ARCHERY BULL UNIT 27!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D never been this pumped!!!

Should i mention this is my 1st elk tag!.... Been putting in for good hunts since i was a youngin :lol:

I am very lucky this year! I got an archery deer hunt in August! I haven't been able to do this hunt in a while because of my guiding commitments. Well, this year my wife and I will be having a baby in September so she asked me not to guide the early hunts. This means I get to go after a droptine buck I've been watching for a couple of years now!

ok guys i need some help. i cant find my regs anywhere and the site wont let me load them up. me and my wife got 3181 for elk which im pretty sure is arhery 7e in september but not sure, and i got 2053 which should be 19a archery for antelope. Cant believe it! if someone can tell me these hunts numbers i would appreciate it.

2053 Aug 19 - Sep 1, 2011 (4,7) 19A (north of AZ Hwy 69/169 and east of Robert Rd, and

north of US Hwy 89A) Buck antelope

3118 Nov 25 - Dec 1, 2011 3B Bull elk