loco4coues

Best Time to put out the cameras

Quick question for everyone:

My hunting partner and I located a spring in some semi nasty country about 1.5 miles from trails/roads. We have hunted the area both archery and rifle and there is a high deer concentration all year long. We have a few cameras we are going to set on the the water to see what is using it. We were thinking of first setting them the 2nd week of may and leaving them until the first of June before we check them. Assuming we get some pics of deer will that be to early to tell if they are bucks or will they already have an inch or two (or more) of growth coming up? Of course if it is working out we will have the cameras up all summer, I guess we are just super excited to get them set and see what is using the water. Thanks for any tips and responses.

• Like 1

The earliest we can get out there because of work and school is next Saturday. I'll let everyone know how it's going here in a month or so. Thanks guys!

I have kept mine up since last spring. I like to see whats in there in the off season. Right now is a great time to see whats still packing there head gear. And by keeping them up for so long lets you know whats in the area, or if you should move them to a new location. I checked mine last weekend, and got a couple still packing. Hope that helps out & good luck!! ;)

We are finally heading out in the morning to set some cameras. I know there are some good deer in this spot, hopefully we can get some on camera. Thanks guys.

We are finally heading out in the morning to set some cameras. I know there are some good deer in this spot, hopefully we can get some on camera. Thanks guys.

Where about are you heading out to? Up North, or down South?

We were able to get out and put the cameras out. I live in Mesa and had to go north, we aren't going to be able to get up there for a while so we will just have to see what kind of pictures we get.