coues7

Wallow Fire

check out biglakeaz.com there is an update from them. pretty good news. they say minimum fire damage to the recreation area and all structures are still standing. I'm so happy to hear this. They also say they will open the lake back up when they let the road open again. Not sure how soon that will be though.

Pull back from Greer? What does that mean? Are they not going to be able to protect homes?

what i have seen from my hill here in show low-

in the last 45 minutes at least 20 heli crews have relocated from springerville to show low airport.

about 40 minutes ago a giant plume collapsed over northwestern corner of fire(greer?)

many urban fire trucks-red and chartreuse-are heading through show low towards pinetop-greer-sunrise on 260 and penrod road. like a hundred or so.

what i have heard as in rumour-greer has been ordered abandoned by crews by the new management team.

lee

edit-ch 15 statement about abandoning greer-

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northern_az/other/fear:-new-spot-fire-moves-towards-greer

Pull back from Greer? What does that mean? Are they not going to be able to protect homes?

It was just reported on the local news channels that crews have been pulled from the Greer area for safety reasons.

The google earth fire data map shows fire spots along the east fork and the ridge between east and west forks of the LCR, and also closer to River Res. oh sh*t.

Just heard on the news there is a 747 slurry bomber in route that will be here tomorrow. This bad boy is capable of dropping a full mile of fire suppressant in one pass.

Don't know how much of an immediate impact it will have, but the more the merrier at this point.

Just heard on the news there is a 747 slurry bomber in route that will be here tomorrow. This bad boy is capable of dropping a full mile of fire suppressant in one pass.

When did I hear about closing the barn door?

Now the news just reported that there is another fire near Flagstaff called the Hills fire. They are requesting 5 slurry planes to fight that fire. Suspected again to be human started. http://www.azfamily.com/news/Hill-Fire-now-burning-near-Flagstaff-123507264.html

Just talked to my brother who is stationed up in Happy Jack. He said it looks like a big one. His engine is currently setting up shop at the Mormon Lake station while those guys are on this new fire.

Don't know how much of an immediate impact it will have, but the more the merrier at this point.

I saw this too. Where in the H E L has this been? Good grief......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergreen_747_Supertanker

only one in the world. wiki quote- The Evergreen Supertanker’s tank system can be configured for segmented drops, allowing the contents of the tank to be released at multiple intervals while in flight.[1] According to the company, the aircraft is capable of laying down a swath of fire retardant three miles (5 km) long and as wide as an American football field.[8]

i was wondering just yesterday when this fire would get 'serious' enough for it.

hope they paint a 3 mile wide stripe right down hiway 260....how many trips with 20,000 gallons will that take?

lee