Sign in to follow this  
RAC

archery javelina

I went out last Monday with my dad to scout and we got into 2 different herds in unit 22. He has the HAM hunt there this year.

I hit 3 different places in 37B today, and didn't see a thing

Spotted a Herd of 9 in 23 a week ago bow huntin Deer and found only thier dried up pig dung yesterday. I'll be back Sat/Sun to try again.

Saw a few in 22 along 188 numerous times driving down the road on my quad.

1 was hit by a car even.

2 I took pictures of at 40 yds.

Dan

We have been out hunting deer in 24-A and there seems to be pigs all over the place. As for 37-B my friends were out today and saw a couple of herds along with a nice 4x4 muley.

spent all day saturday scouting 37b and all day monday hunting it, didnt see a thing.

I went to my favorite spot that never has any hunting pressure and to my surprise there was a quad riding into my area. I had bedded the pigs down the night before and this guy on the quad left the two track he was on and drove right into the river bed where they were bedded. I was to dark still for me to see where they all went. I finally found them about 8am, but they kept moving due to the fact the hunters were quail hunting and all the shooting was spooking the pigs. :) But that wasn't the only problem I ran into that morning. I forgot to bring my tag along with me. Luckily I have a great wife, so I gave her a call and she met me in Wickenburg with my tag. So I went back to my spot and found the pigs again. They had settled down a bit, so I was off after them. I got in close to three different pigs, but they were to small and one had two babies with her. I am in a big pig contest this year, so I am waiting for a biggin. I did have one rush me and stop at about six feet, but I thought a skull shot wouldn't be ethical. I will be on them again on Sat. and get some video of the kill shot. David

My 10 year old and I went out to 37b on monday. We spotted a herd of 8 pigs We were not able to get in on them. My 10 year old just doesn't understand the concept of being quite when you sneak in on them. They were gone by time we got in on them. I told him not worry. We made the rest of the day a fun time. Goofed around and spent some quality time together.

Muskrat and Grizzly, If you guys want to hook up and meet. We can go out do some hunting together in 37b.

Let me know.

26-06 (terry)

I will probably come down to 33 in a couple weeks. Lets get together and look at those canyons we talked about.

Terry

We went out on Sun and were a bit disapointed not to find any Javies or even any sign of them. Did run into to a dandy Mulie and had him at 45-50 yards but there was too much brush between us for a shot. Then not 15min later while walking back to the truck another smaller Mulie buck at 75 yards away, too far for me. Not too small but to far! I am still trying to get ANY big game animal under my belt with my bow.

I am about to leaving today at noon. It's all great fun even if you don't see anything.

:)

The first herd that we saw last Monday we watched for a while and then decided to blow on a varmint call to see how they reacted. The momma pig and her little piglets took off one direction and a few of the boars came runnin our direction. The biggest of the boars came in to about 40 yards and stopped, with that hair on the back of his neck standin straight up. He hung out and really got fired up whenever we blew on the call but wouldn't come in any closer. We couldve gotten a good shot about 30 yards had it been season. I have never had any success with varmint calls while javelina hunting but Ive heard that it works, so this experience was a new one for me. It was pretty cool.

About a mile from that spot we decided to call and see if we could get a coyote, fox or something interesting to come in. We blew on the call and in a matter of seconds a big boar comes bustin out of a bush 20 yards from us. It turns out that a herd had been bedded down right under us and we didn't even know. We were up on some rocks and this boar stopped at the bottom of them about 10-15 yards away. I fumbled around tryin to get my camera out of my pocket but couldn't get it out in time to get any pictures. I got some good pictures of the first herd and will get them up hopefully tonight. I'm not as experienced as a lot of you guys on this site so something like that was totally cool for me and a good learning experience. My dad has the HAM hunt in February so Im gonna tag along and see if I cant help him out.