BigMoqui

Your Favorite Elk Unit

Favorite elk unit in Az  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite?

"6A is the best, everybody should put in for that unit every year. Don't apply for 1 or 27, there are no elk there! Stay away from these units they are a waste of time."

Pine Donkey is one smart fellow. The handful of elk and other game that remained on this side of the state moved into New Mexico in advance of the fire.

Bill Quimby

San Carlos Reservation.... is where I'd like to go!

+1!!! :)

but I really enjoy unit 6A as well. Gonna hunt 27 this sept.

Good luck Amanda last bulls i seen were by hannigans meadow back in mid may and they both 5x5 already...one looked like one was a 6x6...don't know if they have returned to the same spot after the fire or not...hope so. I hear thats where most the big ones come out of also

I've had tags in 5BS and 6AS - like them both. Think I like 6A cause its closer and has a wide range of animals. 5BS had a lot of elk and was a lot fun though and I'd take that tag again in a heart beat.

I've had tags in 5BS and 6AS - like them both. Think I like 6A cause its closer and has a wide range of animals. 5BS had a lot of elk and was a lot fun though and I'd take that tag again in a heart beat.

I like 1 and 27 because the elk are already cooked

I like 7w the best. We have taken lots of elk out of there over the years and have no competition where we hunt most of the time.

My brother started me out in this unit and I have killed two bulls there, and I know it fairly well 5BN is the unit I go for!

I have to say my favorite elk unit is 22. I have killed 2 rifle and 14 archery in the last 23 years and the memories I have of all those hunts are priceless. I've drawn 23 staight years for elk and the number of pigs and deer I've killed are a gift from the hunting gods. I feel unit 22 has more to offer than any other unit in the state. :)

TJ

I chose Unit 1 in the poll. It is my dream elk hunt and my first choice but by far I've done most of my elk hunting in 6B. Lots of fond memories from that unit.

I love 5bs. I've always tagged out there and the quality of the animals I've spotted were excellent. This year, I have a 22N tag and it's a whole new ball game for me. Nov 25th rifle tag for Bull! I'm totally stoked and am looking forward to my first weekend of scouting in a few days.

Also a big 5BS fan. Wife and I tagged out on cow elk last fall. John, good luck on your 22N bull tag. Our coues hunt starts the same time as your bull hunt, but could meet you for a day of scouting sometime. Let me know!

KP