bowcrazy

stoen cameras

what if ya just pee on em? is that illegal or unethical? Lark.

that reminds me of story about lemonade. wish i could tell it here. :lol:

Just had mine taken in 3C. It also had a lock on it.

I had one taken in 3c a couple years ago and will not put one back up there. There is something about that unit, you can't trust no one. I think people actually hunt for them, make a hobby out of it. I've seen 3 the last couple weeks scouting and hunting and I just wave or smile at them and move on. Some of you probably have my picture. :-)

If it isn't yours don't touch it!!!!!

Where the Heck did this BowCrazy Guy run off to?

He asks for opinions about his stolen camera, then runs off into the sunset.

Sounds like he had solid proof they were getting lifted. I would post the pics.

When reporting a stolen trail cam you need a GPS coordinate of the location , take a picture (time stamped ) of the location and a map with the location marked on it. None of the county Sheriff's Dept will do any thing other than take an information report and file it in the round file (waste bin) unless there is a well defined location I.E. the map and a GPS coordinates.

It also helps to have trail cameras marked/scribed with a driver's lic # or some other means of ID. And keep the reciept with the serial number written on it. All of this build's the trail of evidence so the authorities have information and evidence to investigate. Put your self in the Sheriffs boot's - Some guy is telling him he left a camera on the third tree from the big rock about 1/4 mile from the main forest road around two miles from town - Yea right Johnny Law will jump on that trail right! Investigations are driven by evidence that a crime has been committed not hillbilly hearsay!

Having and posting the picture of a guy that removed a trail camera from the wood's is great. Do you have the serial# of the camera and the purchase reciept proving it was yours? If not than no investigation will probably be started! Now who ya gonna call yur daddy? Possession is 9 tenths of the law!

Unfortunately it is mostly hunter's that are stealing these trail cameras! It's not gangbangers , UFO aliens or birdwatchers it's our fellow "hunters!"

I think this is just a bluff if Blowcrazy had pic's and didnt post them then why bother posting at all.... I remember a post a while back I think it was called Cornbagger ... They actually did post pic's of a guy with a camera in hand leaving the wood's , I beleive this cornbagger guy is a friend of Larks' or .270's....It was fun reading that thread!

This being such a recurring topic why dosn't some "CWT officianado" research the legalities of placing cameras or other hunting equipment in the forests? Why make statements unless you know what you are saying? Why not ask the National Forest Service about whats legal to set up out there? Why not ask the various County Sheriff Departments about their take on trail camera theft! I have asked these these thing's to the Authorities. That is how I came up with the suggestions I made!

Hey Bowcrazy if you want to post the pic's go to you local library computers and set up a new account on here with a different name and post the pic just don't call the guy a thief! Ask if anyone knows the guy because he "removed" your camera from the wood's and you want it back! I have run up to 50 cameras in the wood's and had some stolen.To be expected - I hope you get your camera's returned!

Where the Heck did this BowCrazy Guy run off to?

He asks for opinions about his stolen camera, then runs off into the sunset.

Sounds like he had solid proof they were getting lifted. I would post the pics.

ALL TALK AND NOW CAHONIES!

I still think that the ELK are stealing, painting etc. the cameras. They have not given you written permission to post their photos on the internet.

How would you like it if somebody put a camera in your back yard.

I do think that we are getting carried away with all of this stuff. How about a camera that sends a alert to your ipad that a large bull is is at a waterhole. You jump on your ATV race to within a 800yds. and shoot it. Then stand proudly by it take another pic.

• Like 1

ok here is the deal. Absolutely post the pictures because once the problem is confronted the sooner it will end. Also many people personally know "dirtbag" hunters and could possibly provide you with a name or a number. Honestly I wouldn't be concerned about posting their picture and them seeing it. Or email it to some people you know on here to get some help. I would hate it if one of my cameras were stolen because they are expensive and we work hard for what we have. If you want my email let me know id love to help there is only a couple dirtbags that I know that hunt 23 in august. One more thing if I saw someone open my trail cam and mess with my sd card they would end up flattened real fast. Its not yours so don't mess with it. plus if you take those sd cards and put them in your cam it can reformat it and then he won't be able to see them in his digital cam. Im with Johnny on this one. I don't sift through my neighbors mailbox to see what they got. I don't search through my buddies text messeges when he's not looking to see if any chicks sent him good pictures and then tell him he's on to something...... If you really want to see someones pictures ask them or leave a note.

let me know if I can help

x2

I looked back thru my trail camera pictures, and I think I found one of "elcabron". I wasn't sure, but after looking at the picture and reading his posts, I am sure now...

:o

post-565-0-84775100-1312585259_thumb.jpg

SWEET wrist watch Cabron!!!