Sign in to follow this  
ragu

Unit 10 Buck

Folks, I tagged my first archery antelope. It was a super fun hunt and I put together a light-hearted video of some rutting action. There was one very nice buck that I got to 159 yards on, but he had 10 does and I just couldn't close the deal. This video shows how this buck ruled his ladies. Wish I could have gotten closer for the video here, but I'll post one later that shows him a little better.

http://wp.me/pSqH4-7m

UPDATE- And here is the WHOLE story: http://raguoutdoors.wordpress.com/2011/08/25/2012-arizona-pronghorn-antelope-archery-hunt/

Great footage and nice creativity with the vid.

I found myself singing the lyrics to the tune you chose as well LOL!

Congratulations on your success!

Thanks for the looks. Wish I could've gotten closer, but I've got other footage that's a little better. I will post it soon. The real issue is that i was using a tiny camera and trying to hunt, too, so being steady is almost impossible.

What a great start to my day! Awesome chronicle!!! Congrats to you and Terry!

S.

:)

PS: I'm with you, Hector! ;) "Here come old flat top" "He come groovin' up slowly"

OK, now I just took time to read the story! AWESOME! Congrats Ragu, and thanks for sharing with the site, and welcome to the site as well!

Terry, if you see this, CONGRATS to you too! Awesome! Love the "moooooo....."!!

S.

:)

Thanks for taking the time to read the story. I always debate whether I should spend so much time writing them up. As many of us on these forums know, there is satisfaction in reliving a tale, sharing it, and learning from each other. The thing I learned most on this hunt is that being aggressive is OK and maybe even smart.

Congratulations and great job on the write up, too. I really enjoyed reading the story.