Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dvtaxidermy

any suggestions

Guest Dvtaxidermy

Ok I got this little buck (anyone want to take a crack of how big this deer is?) coming into my salt lick. Ive got 57 pictures of him all on one day. He has not been back since any suggestions on how to lure him back in I have sat this blind 4 days and nothing but does and smaller bucks came in. There is a lion in the area got him on pics on the same day the buck was in the morning and the lion in the evening

post-2778-0-22552500-1314219919_thumb.jpg

post-2778-0-31097700-1314219942_thumb.jpg

post-2778-0-01418200-1314219974_thumb.jpg

post-2778-0-22831000-1314220566_thumb.jpg

Guest Dvtaxidermy

He's got me all messed up been getting up at night. Lol he is a toad I am not for sure but I think that lion has things messed up in there right now, but I guess we will see he still has some growing to do, he has dual eye gaurds on both sides, on one of the pics he looks like he's got the starting of a drop tine and he does look like he is going to branch out on the main beam for a fourth point, there was a big four point long tines outside his ears that came in one night but not during the day he would score very well too

Guest Dvtaxidermy

here is a look of what looks like him trying to grow a drop tine on the right antler

post-2778-0-03938600-1314230860_thumb.jpg

Awesome Buck!!

Wow that is a lot of mass.

Best of luck keeping him figured out. I would sure like to him hard horned!!

Dude, do yourself a favor and let that buck grow all the way!!! Problem with these early hunts is these monster bucks are killed before they finish growing! That buck is a serious stud, but hes probably 60% done growing right there! Plus, that drop tine!

Guest Dvtaxidermy

I CAN HONESTLY TELL YOU THAT I DO WANT THAT BUCK TO FINISH GROWING BUT NOT SURE IF I HAVE ENOUGH SELF DISCIPLINE TO LET HIM WALK IF HE COMES IN. NO I DON'T BUT I THINK IM GOING TO PUT OUT SOME CORN TO SEE IF IT WILL HELP

Looks like he has some sort of disease.....I wouldn't take my chances. You could always catch it to. Thankfully I am immune to his disease, send me the GPS Coords and I will take care of him. You can then sleep well knowing you and the surrounding animals are safe!

On a more serious note, he is an amazing deer! Hope you are able to get him!

Guest Dvtaxidermy

check out the other pics of the other big buck at night on trail cams section i labeled it trail cam pics

Dude, do yourself a favor and let that buck grow all the way!!! Problem with these early hunts is these monster bucks are killed before they finish growing! That buck is a serious stud, but hes probably 60% done growing right there! Plus, that drop tine!

+1 ..... I passed on a buck opening day for that same reason and told myself i wont be hunting again until the last 3 or 4 day of the hunt.

I thnik he smelled your stinky butt. Don't over hunt the area or you will never see him again . Forget the corn you'll attract bears!! use less salt make him work for it . hunt it right after the rain. Use skunk scent as a cover.