Sign in to follow this  
Ron G.

Who's Excited?!

Alright, so who's getting excited for elk season to get here on the 9th of September besides me?! I can't believe Sept 1st is here already and the 9th will be here quick, but not quick enough. I've been busy wrapping up things at work and gathering equipment and supplies for 3 weeks in the field. Heading up this weekend to set camp, scout, and possibly even archery deer hunt. I'll be home either after I tag out or on the 23rd of Sept, whichever comes first.

I was blessed enough to get drawn last year for archery bull and had the same plan. Shot a bull on the fourth night of the season, so I was done early. In a different unit this year, but am just as excited if not more so for this season! I have no idea what my goals will be this year yet. I'd love to get a bull bigger than last year, but next week's scouting should tell me if that seems feasible or not.

Good luck to all the AZ archery elk hunters this year!

Ron

Here is my bull from last year...

TKO%2525202010%252520bull%2525203.JPG

P1000664.JPG

I am excited too!!! I can't get up there until about the day before the season, but I am stoked!!

Many thanks to John Olvey and TJ for loaning me their trailers for my hunt. Can't believe I will be camping in such luxury. Planning lots of great meals. Already smoked and slow cooked some wild hog for BBQ sandwiches and fajitas. Bringing some salmon and scallops and shrimp too since I will have a freezer and fridge in the RV! Nice!

Unfortunately my bow sight is still broken right now, so that's making me a little tense...waiting on a part for it.

I'm feeling it with you. I have an extra 2 weeks to wait, just enough to get the bulls really worked up :rolleyes:

Been watching antelope the last few weeks, but it's time to switch directions. Did watch and listen to a buglin bull last week that had a few cows. Yesterday saw a good bull on the side of the hill you and Carly walked up a few weeks ago.

Nice pictures.

Im ready pulling trailer up the trail this weekend and the horses on Thursday

My buddy has unit 27 archery, he leaves wednsday and I meet him on friday, can't wait to get out of town.

h e l l, i'm excited and i don't have a tag, cant' pull a bow and still have to have my cane with me in case my knew nee wants to twist on me. you guys have fun and shoot some bulls. i'm thinkin' even with all the fire drama and other BS this is gonna be a red letter year for elk. Lark.

hey Amanda, where you gonna be camped? we wanna come up and listen to the bulls whistle sometime in the next couple weeks. maybe we can cruise by and stink bomb your camp while you're out huntin'.

Unit 1 heading up this week. I'm very exited, but things have been so crazy with coaching football and major house renovations...I'm weeks behind where I would like to be, but come Friday morning all that will fade into the background - just chasing bugles, and looking for the big guy.