tjwking

does anybody know this person?

I would be glad to hear the WHOLE story! It seems to me that all we have heard is that someone wanted to know if anyone knew who was the driver of a truck with a plate # because he and another group had a run in in the woods. I have followed this whole thread with a bitter taste in my mouth, laughter, distrust, and the tought that I know that a bunch of guys probably had a bad hunt.

As a former midwest deer driver, our "unwritten" rule was he who puts the animal down is the guy who tags it. Not saying thats right or wrong, just complicates matters in the heat of battle.

Waiting in anticipation of "the whole story"

Yeah, unfortunatly I think I'll draw another elk tag before we hear both sides of this one...... RON WHITE... No touchbacks!

And I think we have our Second on the Ron White thing ... I'll make it a Third. Ron White it is!!!

To me it all comes down to who hit the bull first. If you dont want help the guy find it, back off and let him recover HIS bull. Its a matter on ethics. How could you tag a bull that was wounded and feel good about it? Or better yet enter it in the books? I dont know , but I coudnt do it.

tjwking, Its a shame all this happened to you, I have seen this before. A true sportsman would do all he could to help a fellow hunter .

The fact is you shot that bull and yes you followed up on the shot any interference by another party at that point except to be of assistance is WRONG there is no way around it!!!! I dont care who they are! There's no 2 sides just fact you shot the bull! SHAME ON THEM END OF STORY!

I had a huge antelope I wanted to kill but another hunter wounded him in the leg the first day , I met the hunter in the field and I glassed up the big buck for him . He went and tried to kill him and ended up shooting the wrong antelope. I was there when it all happened . It was open season as soon as that happened , I killed that buck the next day.

This post holds as much drama as the "cornbagger" post! 11 pages of "wait until your dad gets home" and "my dad can beat up your dad" type of stuff. By the way did the cornbagger shoot a Bowtech?

RON WHITE!!!

so how would someone pass off a set of antlers from a dead bull as their own?

probably not likely that youd be able to take the "trophy" pic - next to your bull,

holding the antlers and your "new" box laid accross in front.

Coues Krazy, couldn't agree with you more partner. But, the loophole that one might use in this situation is the law. Law basically says that the kill shot tags the animal. Whats unfortunate is that stuff like this is going to happen until ethics change. Trophy fees, magazine artical deals, sponsorship deals... it a money game. Guides are going to push now more than ever to get the trophy animals for better tips and trophy fees because I'm sure their bookings are way down, they have to make up for it somewhere. Its hard to blame them, its how they feed their families. Not to mention a 400" bull on the first page of your website isn't bad advertising. Pretty easy to see why this stuff happens. People will do whatever they have to do (in alot of cases), to make money. Theres a very thin line and while most of us, if not all of us would agree that chasing an animal that another hunter just wounded is wrong, plain and simple, there are those out there that would use the law to take advantage of a situation.

SirRoyal, I'm with you on this one sir. I can't imagine what "Bowtech" can say in his own defense to negate the fact that he bumped a bull, wounded and pursued by another hunter. Like I said before, if he didn't know the bull was wounded when he drove past Craig, then he knew very soon after. And if by some slim chance he didn't know that bull was wounded before be bumped the bull, he dang sure kenw when G&F was called. The part that probably gets me the most is he knew for a fact the bull was wounded when he promised to give Craig two days and he waited till G&F left to go in after the bull again that same day. That is BS! You can explain away any other part of that story but this last part really chaps me, no excuse for that crap! Oh and if by chance we hear that it wasn't actually him that went back in to find the bull and part of his group... thats even worse because the chickensh!t excuse would be "I didn't go after it they did." and its backhanded and shady!

Elcoholic , I think the bull is still alive, if it was a single lung, high lung shot theres a good chance that bumping that bull ensured his survival. Only possible bright spot on this fiasco of a story.

Donnie

***EDIT***

P.S. I'm thinking I might open another discussion on "The Campfire" to continue a general discussion about hunter ethics. I would like to give the other party in this situation a chance to tell his side of the story on this thread of he so chooses. I think if we continue this discussion while its still fresh we can come to a general concensus among ourselves and maybe come up with some ideas on how to change this from opinions to policy. Anybody interested???

Years ago I shot a nice pronghorn buck in 19a. The shot was a little high possibly only clipping the tops of the lungs. That buck survived through the day only because he kept getting bumped by other hunters and non-hunters all day long. The next morning I found him again and could tell he didnt have much time left. But once again there was about 4 other guys activly hunting him. I got into position where I new he'd go once he was pushed again but he never showed. He ended up walking past two guys who were stalking another buck and they finished him off as they could tell we was hurt bad. Now the guy who killed him was the guy who got to put his tag on him and keep him. They were really nice guys who had actually watched me shoot the buck the day before. I did not feel that I had any rights to the buck just because I had been the first one to get an arrow into him. Had this been another unit with less activity where the buck could have just bedded up and expired, hed probably be hanging on my wall right now. Just my two cents.

I realize my situation is different than the one first mentioned in this post. I guess all I'm saying is $hit happens out there and trophy animals make some guys do some strange things.

• Like 1

Hate to break it to you, but I am now in possesion of said elk. I saw the whole thing go down while i Was "getting off my plane" and decided neither party deserved such a trophy. A pull on this cord, a tug on that and I landed within knife throwing range of that monster. My 16" saw toothed rambo knife complete with survival kit in handle, carefully strapped to my ankle, made short work of it. As soon as I'm done hunting, I'll post some pictures and you all will see. just wait, you all will see! Crow for all but DB Cooper who shall dine on elk tenderloins! Case closed, IF you can find me!

17,600 + hits - and no tellin when/if the rebuttal will be posted. come on guys i don't know if a topic has ever recieved 20,000 but this one looks like a shoe in. and Amanda's still huntin.

even though the hunt ends thurday, if it goes till sundown. Nobodys gonna be in a hurry to pack up- drive home - unpack etc and jump on computer to write a detailed account of what they say happened last week. especially ,knowing the "crowd" is waiting for the rebuttal

Anybody heard from Amanda about her hunt!(edit) duh check other thread

Interesting little note for those really watching this closely. Richard and couesnaz have not posted in a while. I wonder if they were asked to stop posting by the "group". Might be wrong, they could have just gotten bored but it is interesting all the same.

At the risk of being accused of being someone I am not, and I hope I am wrong, but I have a feeling the departure of Richardoutwest and couesnaz is all part of a forthcoming nonresponse from DBLUNG and the Bowtech group. I have the feeling that if any response is ever provided, it will explain how the group does not agree with Craig's report of the incident, how they have plenty of information and a story to tell to the contray, but after seeing all this stuff on the net, and after talking with the other side, have determined that they do not want to participate in an on internet debate, so they will simply have to accept the fact, as either couesnaz or Richardoutwest stated earlier, "the parties to the event know what happen and that is all that really matters."

Again, I hope I am wrong. I hope the promise of a full report of the other side's story is told. But I doubt that will ever happen.

• Like 1