Sign in to follow this  
chico

Anyone heard from Amanda?

Ditto on the rut getting stronger. I went outside the cabin today at 8:30 a.m. to get something from my truck and bulls were squealing and bugling all around me. They've been active every night for a week, but today was the first time I've heard them during the day. Hope Amanda scores.

Bill Quimby

i had the same tag as her..... drove by her camp last night and she was in early. Didnt see any antlers or elk hanging. :/ Unit 27 was a tough A$$ hunt this year. out of the whole hunt 3 good days of bugling!! blow a cow call and watch the elk run :unsure:...... hunters still did not learn and they kept calling!!!!! :angry: I didnt end up filling my tag but my dad got a nice 7x7 pry 335-340 and my brother got a 5x5. I was a good hunter and gave a gentleman who has a muzzleloader tag GPS cordinates of where a 400+ bull is hanging out. i chased him forever but screw his 40+ cows he had :angry: impossible to get in on them :blink: lol. hopefully other hunters had some good luck in this unit!!

she said she didn't shoot one. had some chances. from what she said, they hit some hard country. that's a tough gal there. fish creek is sob country. she hung in until the end. we oculd all learn a lesson or 2 about determination from her. Lark.

I'll let Amanda comment on her own story. I spent the last few days with her in camp and all I'm going to say is she hunts harder than any other hunter, man or woman, I've ever known. :)

TJ

I had the same hunt, toughest hunt I've ever had. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. We camped in unit 1 and I could hardly sleep with all the bulls screaming all night and unit 27 was basically silent. I texted Amanda throughout the hunt and she was really optimistic and encouraging. I hoped she would connect, I will let her tell her story.

Thanks for your encouragement, Amanda.

Unit 1 wasnt all that great either...i hunted with a buddy of mine up there for 6 days after killing my bull opening morning and it was hit and miss....tons of other hunters around and too much calling going on.

TJ, I think i saw yall heading out at about 4 am... i waved but it was earlyyyyyyy lol

At 4am I was tucked deep inside my sleeping bag sleeping under the stars. I wasn't able to help with any hunting due to the knee. Probably some other good looking guy that looked like me. :D

TJ