Sign in to follow this  
cahillclan5

What a tough hunt

Well, we spent 10 day hunting in solid rain with almost no rut activity and finaly got a shot at a nice Bull and I hit a little bit back but not the best shot. After givin him plenty of time we started tracking. Well, we followed blood until it stopped then we were able to track him in the soft ground. At 12:30 and two miles later we GPS the last track and went back to camp. After a night of no sleep we picked his tracks back up and followed them for another two and a half miles were we spooked him off his bed and he blew out like nothing was wrong! I just knew we were not gonna recover this bull. So we stayed put, gave him some more time and after what seemed like forever we were back on his tracks. He had only gone 200 yards and bedded but this time we were ready! We closed the distance to 45yrds and man, I was shacking so bad but I took a deep breath and sent the arrow perfectly hitting both lungs! He blew out again and went 60 yards where he crashed and we recoverd him. What an awesome hunt and a great track job by Craig and Jim. It pays to be persistant!

TonyBull3_edited-1.jpg

TonyBull1_edited-1.jpg

TonyBull2_edited-1.jpg

Fantastic job tracking and staying with that bull! Actions like that mean a lot for all of us bowhunters - not everyone would have been so persistent. Thank you - sincerely.

I agree with everyone else. Thats the way to get it done.

Hey guys, I've been off killin bulls for a straight month now but finally back! I am in the process of trying to get all the pics together but saw Tony's post here.

This was by far the longest track job I've ever taken part in and to end it with a tagged bull was absolutely awesome! Like Tony said, it had rained hard just before Tony shot the bull so tracking conditions couldn't be better. We lost blood after a few hundred yards and only found leaves and sticks that rubbed his side from that point on which helped verify we were still on em'. I too thought it was a lost bull when we watched em' jump and run like a healthy bull. Once we got back on em' and Tony sank a perfect shot in the bedded bull, we all knew our hard work and determination would be rewarded when we heard him crash!

Great job staying positive and stickin' with it bro on a very well deserved bull! JIM>