Sign in to follow this  
deercrazy

Which release do you use?

Thanks for all your input, I wasn't really looking at the Scotts. I ended up buying the Scott Shark. I was after the Tru Ball Assassin SST, but out of stock. So I decided to get the Scott because of other research I had done. Still might get the Tru Ball at a later date for a backup.

I shoot the Hot Shot Tempest 3 finger T-handle releases. Also have their Hot Shot Xtacy back tension releases.

Just got 2 Scott Silverhorn NCS buckle to try out but don't know if I will use them.

I also use the little bitty goose with a different custom strap

The fingers I was born with... never leave them in the truck, drop them on the walk-in, or wear them out... I have bent/broke a finger and bow season prep has suffered though... My middle finger has a bad sprain/little break after a fall off a mountain last week and my bow season starts 15 October, I havent been able to shoot for a 8days now... Horror of horrors if I cant get ready and in tune quickly... Good Luck...

Might leave it in the truck or drop it, but I can shoot my release with several broken fingers. :D

Scott Wildcat by the way...

shot scott and then found the whalens hooker release! i will never use a different release.

I used to have a TRU-BALL Stinger, but have since switched to the Tru Ball Bone Collector Beast. I am having problems getting used to it.

Can't beat the Tru-Ball short-n-sweet with the NON swept back trigger. Last hunting release I'll ever buy! Have a couple in case one wears out or I lose it.

+1

I have had 2 little bitty geese (plural goose?) for the past 6 years with no issues. I keep one in my truck and one attached to the bow. I don't wanna be without one. I don't shoot a ton, but they seem to hold up. Both of mine are the velcro style. If I could do it over again I would go with the strap and belt style buckle, they are a lot quieter.

+1

I have two Scott's little biity as well but I keep my second one in my pack. I have never had a problem at all with them. definetly go with a strap, i have them that way and are much more quiet. the velcro makes noise even when you draw. You cant go wrong with Scott's.

Mark

Little bitty goose is a great release. I used it for many year, just like several guys above. However, this year I switched to using Spot-hogg's friday night. I have used it each year for tournaments during the spring and each year I switch back to a trigger-style release. I have always shot better with the t-handle, so this year I didn't switch and have liked my decision.

The actual release style matters less than your technique.

Carter "Just B Cuz"