Sign in to follow this  
Rag Horn

I am looking for good iphone apps

Cabelas Recon Hunt....Use it, love it!

Weather Bug....quick quality weather updates with dopler etc...used both in field already this year.

I use both of these too...very helpful

Which iPhone did you get? Oh nevermind it doesnt really matter, the "new" iphone and ipod touch 5Gs are exactly the same as the old 4Gs...LOL. Apple has dissappointed me this year.

I like the cabelas app to. I have not used it on a hunt, but I took the family on a drive a month ago and we used it to find a shortcut across the area we were in because a flash flood was washing away the road we wanted to take.

Some of them I have:

1) Sportstap- all NFL,MLB,NCAA etc games updated (refreshed) automatically

2)Der Man Dar- Panoramic pics that are excellent quailty-

3)Crackle- Free Movies- Seinfeld episodes. (free)

4)Winchester ballistics app- I shoot the silvertips

5)Sunrise/Sunset (Lite) - Free - shows twilight and of course sunrise sunset(programmable)

6)NOAA Weather Radio - Streaming Live weather radio from around the state/country (1.99)

7)My Radar- Doppler weather pinpointed on topo maps with your location zeroed in.

this saved me on the August bowhunt-I saw my location and the cells moving towards me. Yikes- Lightning- time to leave...!!!

8)98 KUPD- Morning Holmbergs' voice streaming live- HILARIOUS!

9) BBC NEWS- Live streaming radio and worldwide coverage.

10)HBO GO- If you have HBO you can watch 100+ plus all the other shows and movies on your iphone (free).

I could go on and on , but I'll stop there. The Iphone Rocks! I hope you have the 32GB Iphone because 16GB fills up in a hurry...

Azp&Y

I also have the topomap, I paid 7.99. It's also a must have.

You can download hi-res or low-res...

Nothing like having an iPhone in the ground blind with service.

RIP Steve Jobs and Thank You! :)

Which iPhone did you get? Oh nevermind it doesnt really matter, the "new" iphone and ipod touch 5Gs are exactly the same as the old 4Gs...LOL. Apple has dissappointed me this year.

the new Iphone is not like the 4G. It has a much faster processor (same as the iPad II), longer battery life, a 8mb camera.