Sign in to follow this  
Jo Hunter

4b late archery bull

Ive got a late archery tag aswell.. Im guessing it will be a lot of spot n stalk and sitting water/trails.. We'll see how it goes. Good luck

thanks everyone,2 more weeks and its on hopefully i have some photos to post on here soon! in hope everyone has a successful hunt!

i know a few people who have hunted the late rifle season...I wouldn't be too picky..good luck

Late Archery..

I think what he is saying it is a tough hunt. I was just up scouting for the upcoming archery hunt and this moisture we just got did not help at all. It will be tough sitting water now. If it could have held off a couple weeks it would have been great. Good luck

yeah the wet weather isn't helping,but its supposed to dry out this week so we will see. i went from a few bulls(not trophies) to only Cows WTF! oh well if there's cows there's bound to be something with antlers on it somewhere....I hope!

Stay North in the unit and look in Chevlon Canyon. Oh and water could be awesome. Good Luck

Brian

i haven't had the chance to get up there yet. are you taking the 504rd into chevlon canyon?

If I were you I would stick to the pink cliffs area. There are always bulls transitioning between the farm lands and pastures to the east and south moving into the cliffs early morning and returning to the fields by late afternoon. I have caught them taking midday snoozes still hunting the cliffs. Good luck and leave the big one for the late rifle hunt please ;)

If I were you I would stick to the pink cliffs area. There are always bulls transitioning between the farm lands and pastures to the east and south moving into the cliffs early morning and returning to the fields by late afternoon. I have caught them taking midday snoozes still hunting the cliffs. Good luck and leave the big one for the late rifle hunt please ;)

[/

i have been in and around daze canyon with some pretty good bulls in the area but now it seems they have vacated, i looked up the pink cliffs on a map and its a haul from where i am at but i'm willing to give anything a try, i will have from the 18th till the end of the hunt to get the job done..just not sure what to do!