Coues 'n' Sheep

Who Needs Mexico???

I had a few of my hunting buddies over to help work on my new house this weekend..... then we BBQ'ed and and "fondled" our horns from this past season... As we had them all piled on the bed of the pickup it dawned on us that AZ "ain't so bad". In the pic are: a 111" typical gross, an 84" typical gross, a 107" non-typical gross, a 106 typical gross, and a set of sheds (one side is kinda chewed) that could gross about 128"+ with a 12" spread! All from central AZ. I would LOVE to go hunt in Mexico.....but until I can, I will make the best of what we have right here. We may not have as many big bucks as Mexico , but AZ does have some Great coues deer and Great coues deer hunting! :P

post-996-1139796198.jpg

I may be showing some favoritism, but I would have to say AZ is in th eHeart of Coues country.

Coues n Sheep - Nice haul for you and your friends in 05! BTW - I thought fondling another fellers horns was bad manners. :blink:

I may be showing some favoritism, but I would have to say AZ is in th eHeart of Coues country.

Coues n Sheep - Nice haul for you and your friends in 05! BTW - I thought fondling another fellers horns was bad manners. :D

Well.....az4life.....you are right about the manners, but I am sure that you are guilty of the very same "fondling"!! :P I am however embarrassed that you caught me.... :blink:

:D :D :lol:

Nice bucks, I'd say so! Congrats to your group.

man that non-typ on the right is awesome! i have never seen a non-typ buck! but if i ever did see one with tag and rifle in hand... i will be throwin some lead no matter how big or small!

Hey Coues n Sheep,

Could you please pm me w/ the location and gps coords to where those sheds were found. Holy Crap!!!!!!!! The mass on those sheds and the buck on the right is incredible!!! thanks for sharing the pics.

man that non-typ on the right is awesome! i have never seen a non-typ buck! but if i ever did see one with tag and rifle in hand... i will be throwin some lead no matter how big or small!

Casey not that I wouldn't, but we know you would. :blink:

Those are some great bucks.

HEY THOSE ARE GREAT BUCK CONGRATS TO YOU GUYS! IM WITH YOU UNTIL I GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO PACK A GUN IN MEXICO I AM CONTENT WITH GOOD OL AZ!

I would have to agree with you also that AZ has some great deer & they will always kill some great deer. But what Mexico has to offer is more opportunity at all age classes of bucks. It lets the smaller bucks grow up. As for the state land you have everybody shooting anything with any amount of horn. I'm not saying that is bad. It's been 6 years since I have had a deer tag. Lots of people get frustrated and shoot a deer less than what they wanted to. Everybody want's to shoot a 110 but it's just not going to happen.

Desertsheep

Hey Coues n Sheep,

Could you please pm me w/ the location and gps coords to where those sheds were found.  Holy Crap!!!!!!!!  The mass on those sheds and the buck on the right is incredible!!!  thanks for sharing the pics.

Believe it or not the Non-typ. is my archery buck from this year (posted on archery page 15) and the the sheds were found atleast 8-10 miles away as the crow flies... Many similarities in the two sets. It was a great year for horn growth, too bad we won't have it this year....

Does look like i'ts from the same buck. That is amazing he was so far from the sheds. What a hog!!!! What did he score? Looks like his rack digressed a little even though he is still a monster.

Guest Ernesto C

Really nice bucks Coues'n'Sheep,bigger than the ones I have harvested but................I do need Mexico,I think we all do.Blessings.

Ernesto C