Sign in to follow this  
WalkingW

My Wife got it done

After years of taking the back burner to my other clients and the kids I made up my mind to help my wife get her deer. I glassed four bucks the day before season started and bedded them down. We were able to find them the first thing the next morning and the two mile stock started with my six month old on my back. About a mile into the stock we come to the realization that my boy was not going to stop cooing and talking so I sent my wife to a tank that the deer were watering at and my son and I would head off in the opposite direction. A couple hours later I got the call she had her deer down and that he had dropped in his tracks. She had shot the smallest of the four but she could not be happier. She had made the perfect shot with her 160 year old rifle and it was the first time that she was able to use it on a hunt. This allowed me to take the young lady from OE4A out to get her deer so it all worked out perfectly.

post-90-0-48665100-1320081423_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations!

I want to use a traditional style muzzleloader for a coues hunt one of these years. I have always used an inline muzzleloader because they are reliable and there are pretty much no worries about misfires, hangfires, or the powder getting wet.

Congratulations to your wife and the picture of her and your son is great. Kudos to you for helping out on the OE4A hunt. :)

TJ

Kudos to you for helping out on the OE4A hunt. :)

TJ

+1 great organization!

Congrats to your wife on her buck! Love the baby on the hip! :lol: Been there, done that :D

That's just super!! Congrats to your wife on her deer!! Way to start off the little one too!!

There is nothing better than having a family together while hunting. I haven't shot a muzzle loader in years, I think it's time to start again. Congratulations to you and your wife.