SunDevil

How many rounds of ammo do you carry?

Amount of Ammo?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds of ammunition do you carry with you in the field on a coues hunt?

That is a hard one to answer as it depends on where I am and what I am shooting...Most hunts larger will carry the box with me...just so the ammo is protected from getting banged around

but if I am varmit blasting in Texas//I carry as much as I can :rolleyes:

Usually a full mag...so 3-5 depending on what rifle plus and extra 5. i figure if i need more i should stay at camp with the rest of my ammo. although my buddy shot a moose in montana this morning that took i believe 5 good shots from a 300 win with 180 accubonds.

I generally carry the full twenty out of the box into the field:

270WSM 140 gr

3 in the mag, 1 in the chamber

4 in (L) front pocket

4 in ® front pocket

the remaining in fannypack

FNP 9 MM

17 in gun

back up mag filled to the brim in fannypack as well

I always have another full box in my camping box back at camp for those just in case days. I wish I could say that on past hunts that I have never had to dip into those, but that would be a little white lie.

If you included my pistol for emergencies then I need to add another 16 :ph34r:

Funny you should ask, I usually only need 1 to 3. I like to carry 10 spares, 4 or 3 in the magazine depending on the rifle and then 1 in my pocket (total of 15). For the first time in a long time I hiked back to my quad a couple of weeks ago..... with .....lets just leave it at not very many spares :)

I usually have 4 in the mag and 5 or 6 on the shell holder on my stock. But if I empty the mag chances are I'm not going to the extras I'm going back to the range cuz something is wrong with me or the gun.

I carry 4 in the gun, 3 on the stock and have 10 in my pack.......'cause you never know what will happen!

it was an unusual year. my son and i shot 16 shots by 9 am counting the ones at coyotes and coues. i carry enough so that i don't need to worry about being short . varies.

didnt think about my pistol so if ya count that itd be 32, my rifles uses a clip so 4 in a clip one in the pocket for a full gun and a spare clip then my pistol carrys 14 round and i carry a spare 9 round clip in my pack or in an atchment for my holster