Sign in to follow this  
Coues Kid

Got my first buck.

I got drawn for the first oct hunt,it was by far a hard hunt we camped for 5 days 1st day saw a bunch of does and fawns few spikes here and there nothing i wanted to shoot i wanted bigger lol. the 2nd day had hunters walk up on top of us and glass we desided to get out of there. that evening my buddy and i went out again had 3 hunters walk up on us they wanted us to leave we told him we were here first they kept going and started glassing just above us 2nd day was a bust does. 3rd day was really hot we found a really nice hill that gave us a 360 view all around us saw does i told my buddy wes we should come back in the am there is gonna be a buck on the hill to the right of us. 4th day wake up slam some coffee grab water and snacks then we head out got up to our hill its still dark now its a waiting game finally its light enough to glass i kept telling my buddy wes to go glass the right hill he keeps telling me to wait just as im getting ready to go glass this right hill he goes over so i stay glassing the other stuff. 5 min later i here a strange noise coming from wes so i grab my glass and my gun walk over to find him shaking so bad sure enough he goes buck buck so i sit down sput my glass up and there he is just coming out from behind the bush i rush on the first shot shoot just over his back he jumps and starts quartering away on a full run i aim right behind the shoulder and let the bullet fly pow he drops like a rock then my buck fever kicked in it was a great hunt.

post-4923-0-95210600-1320953750_thumb.jpg

Way to hang in there on a tough hunt! Congrats on your buck!!!

Congratulations on a fine buck and thanks for sharing with us!

I look forward to your future hunts.