Sign in to follow this  
birddogg21

Going to the best offer in ten days

I have been winning items almost every night on this new website Pennyhuntinggear.com. Its only been open for a few days and stuff is going super cheap. I'll be honest on the price i paid however i'm selling these two items for whatever the best offer is in ten days. I can't lose money on them so I'm passing a great deal along. The first is a Gamo Socom Tactical Whisper Combo air rifle this is my second one I have won and only paid $1.43 plus shipping which was 25 dollars. You can look it up for more details but it shoots a .177 pellet at 1200 fps. The second is a Leupold® RCX-1 Trail Camera. I currently have a ton of trail cams, so I would rather sell it to get more money to bid. I paid $.92 cents plus shipping which was 15 dollars. If you have any questions please PM me and the best offer pays shipping. I'm not expecting retail so make me a offer!

Both are still brand new in box never opened.

did everyone looking at this post go straight to the website!? i know i did. site is just like quibids it looks like. anyways if you don't want retail for those things than i'll give you 35 bucks for the camera!

did everyone looking at this post go straight to the website!? i know i did.

Yup! :rolleyes:

i'll give you 40.01! isn't that how it works? laugh.gif i'll pm you.

How does this thing work ferchrissakes ? :blink: :blink: :blink:

I ain't used to this form of bidding.

Its not bidding im selling two items I won and they are going to the best offer by the tenth day. That is the reason I dont want people to post there offer. Just PM me what you are willing to pay. Thanks

Its not bidding im selling two items I won and they are going to the best offer by the tenth day. That is the reason I dont want people to post there offer. Just PM me what you are willing to pay. Thanks

I already PM'd you for the Gamo.

I think I figured out how the bidding deal works at the penny hunting gear site.

I saw that camera in the bargin cave today at cabelas for $230.00 and another for $260.00!!!

Its not bidding im selling two items I won and they are going to the best offer by the tenth day.

That's pretty much the definition of an auction that ends with the highest bidder.

In this case you are requesting a "blind auction" in which no one knows what the highest bid is.

On ebay you can see the current high bid.

Just sayin.

Just to be clear, if anyone isn't sure how these penny auction sites work, let me explain. You have to buy the bids - usually in chunks (20, 50, 70). Then you use those bids on the auction items. Each time someone bids, "price" goes up by 1 penny. So, let's say bids cost $.50 each. If 100 people bid, the "winning price" is one dollar, but the site made $50 (plus shipping).

Of the 100 bidders, only one wins. The other 99 lost their 50 cents. Say one guy bids 10 times - he stands to lose $5 if he does't win. Sure as heck, he's gonna bid more and more. And the deeper in he gets, the more desperate he is not to walk away empty-handed. Why do you think these things are popping up all over the place?

So, it only makes sense that this guy would try to direct MORE bidders to the site that's paying off so well for him. I mean who wouldn't want to lose more and more auctions? :unsure:

I don't really care how you feel about the site I don't have any ties to the site. I only post were I got these items from so people don't think there stolen. As a blind auction goes I could say I want 300 obo for each item them then sell it for the BEST OFFER just like everyother post on here. So no lunarphase its not an auction. Im not tell anyone if they are the best offer so there no competition. Any ways for the people that are not wasting our time and actually sent me a pm. These two items will sell in a few days. Thanks

The Blind auction may also be known as a Sealed Bid auction. Blind auctions are like a Standard auction in that the highest bidder at auction close wins. However, the difference is that bidders do not know bid rankings until after the blind auction has closed. At closing, the highest bidder is revealed.

Definition of a "Blind Auction"

Another definition

Call it what ever you like, but by definition you are holding a "Blind Auction"