Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

2012 Elk Regs Up

thanks

1625 antlerless cow tags in unit 10 rifle - Are they out of there minds -

they are destroying our herds - there is now way they can recover from illiminating all the cows

G$F what the **** are you thinking???!!!

even if they only kill 500 thats THOUSANDS of lost elk over the next several yrs!

first the 5's then the 6's now unit 10??

• Like 2

they are destroying our herds - there is now way they can recover from illiminating all the cows

even if they only kill 500 thats THOUSANDS of lost elk over the next several yrs!

only 25 more tags than last year

Holy shoot! i pulled up the regs and was told i was the 10th person to open them up and won a free elk hunt in unit of choice! Whoo hoo! I can't wait, i'm so lucky.

here you go

http://www.azgfd.gov/regs/elkregs.pdf

if they keep up with the quanity of hunts - there will be no quality - the big elk herds will be gone !

we all see it - drive the woods and you may not even see any elk

i remember stopping and just trying to count all the elk was hard - those times are gone !!

if they keep this up it will ruin elk hunting here in AZ !

any you elk hunters who had unit 10 -post here and tell us what you saw this yr

I was helping some guys in 7W on a deer hunt this year and the elk numbers seem down substantially from previous years. Big bulls were especially scarce. Deer numbers seem pretty consistent.

Pretty pumped about the elk regs (6 BPs) and hope to get one of my archery bull draws for sure but I am really super-pumped about the antelope regs!!! I finally feel like I have a fighting chance at one these antelope tags with 19 BPs. I will be pouring over the elk and antelope stats every spare moment I have until I submit my apps. Decisions, decisions.... :)

Lee

The G&F are not doing the thinking on this ... It's the same old story the politicians created this!

This was started during Napolitano's rein.... Janet and her cronies viewed our hunting as a resource to pay off the states debts so they they started sweeping all of the leftover $$$ from the G&F into their general fund....They also increased tags & the cost of lic and tags drastically to create more revenue to sweep! Jan Brewer is continuing the practice! The sportsmen of Az should be outraged that the extra $$$$$ they are taxed on hunting and fishing gear is also being swept the general fund . When the sportsmen agreed & voted in these taxes it was under the condition the funds remain in the AZGFD & or approved conservation programs! :angry: Within the next 5 years a reident Elk tag will cost over $200 dollars.....

Holy shoot! i pulled up the regs and was told i was the 10th person to open them up and won a free elk hunt in unit of choice! Whoo hoo! I can't wait, i'm so lucky.

Thats funny I was the 11th person to open the regs and they told me it was an elephant exchange and that I get to take my pick of the first 10 guys choices ahead of me! :P

Hahaha, just kidding. On a real note best of luck this year. Hope alot of us die hards get the tags we hope for.

-Ryan

• Like 1

here you go

http://www.azgfd.gov/regs/elkregs.pdf

if they keep up with the quanity of hunts - there will be no quality - the big elk herds will be gone !

we all see it - drive the woods and you may not even see any elk

i remember stopping and just trying to count all the elk was hard - those times are gone !!

if they keep this up it will ruin elk hunting here in AZ !

any you elk hunters who had unit 10 -post here and tell us what you saw this yr

Thank you for the link.

it's kinda hard to understand how they can set the permit numbers for next year when the hunts from this aren't done and they dang sure ain't tallied the success numbers from the late rifle bull hunts yet. but what do i know? Lark.

You really think that statistics and numbers mean anything to the G&F??? Those hunter survey cards don't mean a Damm thing! I drew a middle finger on mine this year and sent it back!

• Like 1