Sign in to follow this  
2 Full Curls

Muzzle Breaks?...

If you can't hand the gun your shooting, get a smaller caliber. i despise being next to a guy with a break. Especially when he's shootin a 243-300 and has a break. Really?? If you can't handle that much gun 1. your a small woman 2. you have an old injury (like Lark) other than that, you dont need a break

I guess I'm not a small woman because none of my rifles have breaks! But one does have a muzzle brake... Lol

• Like 1

I've got a .300wm with BOSS, I get to see the animal react to the bullet, my daughter used to shoot it at Hunter Ed demo's when she was 10 through 15 with 180 gr hot handloads. Real hard on your earballs, I'd wear plugs and mickey mouse ears when punching paper, not so bad when you are shooting at game and the juices are flowing.

• Like 1

i shoot in competition and hunting. i have vais breaks on my magnums and wish i had had one put on my 6.5-284. i can were muffs and puffs at the range and pufss when i am hunting.

• Like 1

Muzzle Breaks are a huge benefit to increasing accuracy and reducing the kick of the rifle. Ear plugs are required when practicing and dialing it in, but when are you not at the range with ear plugs anyway? Has anyone gone to a range without earplugs? Not a very smart idea. When it comes to hunting with a muzzle break you dont hear or feel the first shot (with the use of ear plugs or not) of the rifle your adrenaline is so pumped up and running through your veins you dont realize what happen. Im not sure about a follow up shot without a muzzle break because ive only had to shoot once at the two bucks ive taken. For what their purpose is they work great. Thats my two cents.

T. Regan

Maybe I'm wrong here but isn't the point of a muzzle break to reduce recoil so you can make a more accurate shot without worrying about recoil? I have a light 25-06 that kicks back double what my 30-06 does.

to me more recoil = more flinch factor.

So I'd go with the muzzle break if I'm shooting a big caliber rifle 300win mag, 7mm and so on.

that's just me.

But the loud bang is almost unbearable though ear protection is a must although you should wear it anyway.

James

Ditto!! :D