Coues 'n' Sheep

January 2012... You can't kill all year long if you don't start the first day!

Awesome job yet again Gino and Jason and congrats to Tina! I feel sorry for those bucks and pigs in your neck of the woods, poor guys don't stand a chance! HA! Congrats again! JIM>

Congratulations,

To Tina, Gino & Jason on some awesome Bucks and nice Javelina.

Thanks for sharing,

Gary

P.S. The Bucks are even more impressive to see in person....... :rolleyes:

I haven't looked at this post for awhile and glad I did. Congratulations to Jason on a beauty of a buck and congratulations to Tina on her javi. That is a cool picture of Tina . I am going to remember that angle shot for sure. You rim folks are cleaning up for sure. Thanks for sharing Gino. :)

TJ

Well the hunting has been hit and miss... There have been some decent bucks passed and lots of little guys passed. My son has hunted 21 days so far this month having passed several bucks between 90-100 inches and only seen one buck that was clearly over 100-105 inch class, but the buck was rutting so hard that he never had a shot even though he saw him twice in one day. My bride has opted not to shoot a January buck this year and really wants a velvet Mulie in August. Jett, Justin, Lucus, Brice, and Lee have all been hunting when ever they get a chance but luck has not put the bucks they are looking for infront of them on the days they are in the woods. Jason and I are wallowing in our early fortune this year and now I am doubly happy to have filled my piggy tag!

This Javi is my first kill with a long bow and I am happy to have him! Not the biggest piggy in the world as far as age but a decent sized body.

post-996-0-75988000-1327333604_thumb.jpg

post-996-0-07183300-1327333613_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on the pig with traditional equipment! I've been wanting to do the same thing for years.

Now you just need to stick one of them big coues bucks with it. :)

Flippin' Sweet!

Brian

I am posting a buck for my good friend, Gary... the story of a lil' 2 point...

Gary has had a lot going on this year, little time to scout, and his fav hunting spots werre not showing him much kindness... he had managed smoke a nice Javi, but the coues bucks were no where he was. In talking with our friend, Mike,about where to look he had a plan to hit one of my old haunts and put a few tactics he and I have discussed into practice... He went in there and scouted, settled on a spot, set up a blind, and headed for home... A long work week later he was headed to the blind. His morning started out with a guy walking right up to his blind...(blind poacher??)... after the woods quieted a does drfted past, then a glimps of a 3 point frame in the brush as it trolled passed... Just a short while later Gary spies movement below him and a 2 point comes right into view... it only took a moment for Gary to draw and send an arrow... a short blood trail later Gary was marveling over the good fortune of finally having an opportunity at a coues buck this January! Congrats my friend! What is cool is that a friend of mine has pics of this buck some distance away before he broke... imagine what this buck looked like with 15+ additional inches of trash and beam!!?? :blink: Trail cam pics are heading my way... I will share them when I get them.

post-996-0-94915000-1327409055_thumb.jpg

post-996-0-78785600-1327409118_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on the pigs and deer you guys and gals are tearing em up. Nice job on the long bow kill, I went with rifle pig this year to get my wife to put in with me.

Congratulations to all the awesome animals taken in this post, some serious studs hitting the dirt! Way to go guys and gal!

Woo hoo! Another BBD! Love the big 2's!

Congrats to Gary!

Brian

Gary,

Congrats on another superb Coues buck, sometimes it works very fast but I know the hours you have logged the last few years. ;)

All I can say is Geno is a Coues tactical machine! The knowledge he has is 2nd too none. You know how us men are, we are stubborn and don’t listen to others ways of doing things. This Coues buck was credit to Geno, for just giving a few coues bucks habits during this January hunt. Sometimes when you get a text with a few keys words , you can take them to heart or just let them vanish. Thanks Geno!:D

• Like 1