dudley

Best arrows ?

Currently I'm using some cheapies. But I'm wondering what the best arrows would be to use for couse hunting? My bow is a beat encounter, says it shoots up to 312f/s..

How deep are your pockets?

I like +/- .003 straightness and +/- 2 grain weight difference and try for a finished arrow weight of 400 to 425 grains. This gives me good speed and enough weight to have good kenetic energy.

Some advice given to me when I first started with compound bows was to avoid any arrow with the word "Hunter" in it's name, they were pretty much poor quality. The exception to this is Gold Tip XT Hunters. I have had good luck with them and been satisfied with their performance.

I use Easton Axis FMJ's. A bit heavy for carbons, but seem pretty durable in comparison to others I've used, and fly pretty darn good with my G5 Broadheads. I've use the Gold Tip XT's for my Recurve, and they do just fine as well. Yes, I know that I should be making my own arrows out of wood for that bow and going out in a loincloth with mud smeared on me for camo, but I just haven't graduated to that yet ... :D :D :D

• Like 1

everybody makes a pretty good arrow. I tend to like an arrow that is around 9.5 grains per inch / 6-7 grains per pound of draw weight. this tends to be a moderate setup. good combo of speed and energy with easy tuning for fixed blades. Another thing to consider is finished F.O.C. That may change your weight/broadhead scheme. there is always gonna be brand fanboys, but genearally buy the best "bow bullets" you can.

That's kinda like asking what flavor ice cream do you like. Usually it dependent on all the variables such as bow speed, draw length, game species and such. With all of that there's still the tuning process of it all.

I would suggest taking a look carbon express or eastons. I personally shot easton axis arrows, but any arrow would seem like junk if shot out of a bow not tuned for it, even the most expensive.

I would suggest taking a look at www.huntersfriend.com to get a pretty good idea of what's available out there in arrow selection, they also have a very nice rundown of all the variables of what it takes to selecting a good arrow for your setup. Might help you decide on sticks.

Good luck

I use the FMJ's because the are consistent and I also think they are safer than a all carbon arrow that MIGHT shatter if the shaft is nicked...

Jason

If you are talking about hunting bows and arrows. They are very very specific to the person, kinda like a one man dog. I have read that most people will never shoot good enough to need the straightest arrows.

Easton makes great arrows. I know they just came out with their 2012 models the injexion. I haven't heard much but I'm curious to start shooting some. Right now I'm usin the Easton A/C/C and it is a awesome arrow. Very lite and really strong and durable. My dad shoots the FMJ and loves them. I guess it all comes down to personal preference and how much your willing to pay for them.

All I've got to say is that you do not need to spend $110 per dozen to get a straight, nice flying arrow. I've used Radial x Weaves for a while and they fly great at distance and hold up well. Paid $80 give or take per dozen.