az4life

Minutemen to Patrol AZ border in April

What a joke. I want to see them patrol when it is June and July. Also it could make it more dangerous for us hunters if smugglers see a threat from guys out in the hills in Camo.

Bob

At least they are taking action, I support them 100%. I don't know about anyone else but it'll be a cold day in heck before I ever give way to a smuggler from a foreign country in the USA. By gosh I believe that I am going to have to sign up for this one.

The Altar Valley couldn't be any more dangerous than it already is...

Most of the migranos can readily tell a hunter from border patrol agent from a civilian. If the Minute Men choose to wear camo, so be it. If a border/drug crosser is going to take a shot at "anyone" in camo, they fully understand that the individual is there to harvest an animal (if hunting) and that retaliation is possible.

The Minutemen news is easily handed to the "coyotes" and they will alter their route for a month or so... and things will revert to the previous level of crossings.

The Altar Valley is also known as Cocaine Alley and OTM Alley - meaning Other Than Mexican Alley - because of the large number of non-Mexican illegal aliens historically apprehended in the area.

AzP&Y

Doug

I back them as well. I agree if they shoot someone they would shoot anyone anyways. Camo or not. They shot at me twice and tried to jack my truck from me and I was in plain clothing walking out of a circle K store in front of a bunch of people. This is after they had just beaten an 70 year old grandmother at a rest stop to take her car. They were not running drugs or or people but just tired of walking in the heat.

So if someone wants to do somthing to try to help i am with them.

Weak policy in Washington has created this Quagmire ?

Read Mr. Bush?s response from yesterdays news conference.

?My view is that border security starts with a good, solid strategy along the border itself. You know, there's Border Patrol agents, technology, the capacity to pass information quickly, so that Border Patrol agents will be more likely to intercept somebody coming across the border illegally. <_<

There needs to be enforcement mechanisms that don't discourage the Border Patrol agents. They work hard. They get somebody coming in from country X. The person says, "Check back in with us in 30 days." They don't ..

If that?s Jorge's (HA) strategy then lets move onto the next ?strategy? I?m sure there is no one more taxed and frustrated than our own BORDER PATROL AGENTS> Sasabe is the SUPER-HIGHWAY of illegal immigration that?s why the MINUTE MEN are drawing attention to this location.

Read our President?s entire response regarding Immigration - contained at the bottom, the last question that he addressed during his news conference( he?s got a VERY BIG plate these days)?+

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/21/bus...ript/index.html

AZP&Y

Amen to their support!

#1. If they help stop one of those illegal drug smugglin drain on our ecnomy then they've done their job. (better than the feds are doing right now)

#2. If they accidentally get into a firefight with some illegals heck YEAH! maybe the govt. will help us do something about it.

My piddly two cents worth. <_<

At least they are taking action, I support them 100%. I don't know about anyone else but it'll be a cold day in heck before I ever give way to a smuggler from a foreign country in the USA. By gosh I believe that I am going to have to sign up for this one.

I am all for each and every American to help out with this border problem we all have. More man power at border is a good start....I will probably head south and help them out <_<

The problem isn't at the border it's here.......BP catches thousands of illegals every month and they just keep coming. The guy they catch and send back on Monday comes back to cross again on Tuesday. The problem is that once they get to Phoenix or LA or Denver or wherever they go to it is very easy for them to work, get a car, cell phone whatever. It's way too easy for them to do all of that stuff. They get food stamps, free health care from ACCESS, etc. As long as it's easy for them to make a life here they are going to do it, no matter how illegal it is. One person gets here, finds a job the next day cutting grass for $8 an hour, gets home, calls his buddy back in Mexico who makes $15 a day and tells him about how good it is here and how easy it is to make a life here, illegal or not. There are so many loopholes for them it is not funny and until that changes they are not going to stop coming.

My sister is having a pool built at her new house out in Queen Creek. She went out today when they were working on it and not a single one of them spoke English. Who's going to hold companies responsible for hiring people who don't legally have the right to work in this country??? Until somebody does hold them responsible they are going to keep hiring them because it is cheap labor. To me that's where the problem is.

I agree with you guys saying that something has to be done to stop illegal immigration, but even if you build a 30 ft wall all the way across the southern border, as long as it is as easy as it is for them to make a life here then they will find a way to get across. I'm not opposed to immigration and I don't have a problem with people from other countries, I just have a problem with illegal immigration. Anyways, that's the way I see it.

daryl_s I agree with you, and I don't really have a problem with the ones that come over here to work, but they shouldn't get any free benifits, if we can't get free health care why should they, if they don't pay income taxes they shouldn't get any government help. If people want to come over and work they should have some easy way of giving them a work visa, there are lots of jobs out there that most americans won't do( they should, but stealing and selling drugs is a lot easier than picking onions), and if they are willing than that shouldn't be a problem. The other concern is that the illegals that are "other than mexican" may be terrorists or who knows what. If they would line up child molestors, drug dealers that have had a second chance, and terrorists, and put a permanent end to their sorry excuse for a life, people with ideas of coming over here for those reasons would stop coming, and the people that are here would slowly be eliminated.

Well said, I agree, and whats more, with amnesty or "amnesty lite" programs being talked about in the news, the problem is even bigger. Open the floodgates cause that is the same effect. Too many prospective immigransts figure they will get the Ronald Reagan Deal if they are here in time for it. That amnesty deal is the worst decision that great president ever did in office!

We must go after all employers who hire them and deport every illegal alien, immigrant or whatever is the UN PC name this week.

canadian, south african, cuban, irish,russian, turkish, italian, french, or mexican. Makes no difference. Illegal, is Illegal.

missed you at lunch this week.

I think the Minutemen are showing disrespect to our hardworking border patrol. I mean the guys who punch the clocks. It is not like our agents are sitting in their SUV wondering where all the illegal's are.

"Gee Fred what we need is some retiree's in lawn chairs pointing out where some illegal's are so we can appreehend them."

In the Sasabe corridor they are up to their armpits in illegal's. I think they are at capacity. So everytime a Minuteman apprehends some illegals an agent will have to stop his catching of illegals to process the minutemen's illegals. Isn't that showing up our hardworking agents.

Bob

Hmmm, bobbyo may be on to something here..... :lol: :lol: . He's the first one to see it from the "other" point of view... Thanks for your open view of the situation..

But hey, if ya want to spend your retirement out in the middle of the desert in the middle of the night, be my guest... I just don't think that'll be me when I get to that age.. I'll be all caught out by then!! :ph34r:

The border patrol does a bang up job in my mind and the minuteman are fed up with illegals attempting to enter our country so they are trying to help out with what they can. I can see from both sides and I am still undecided as to which way is best. I mean the border patrol does the best of there abilities and if they have to be pulled away from capturing some illegals to try and find some that the minuteman have found that is ridiculous.

I wrote my senior research paper on the illegal immigration problem and I learned alot about it and even though I knew it was bad I didnt realize how bad it was til I researched it. So right now I say tip your hats the those hard working border patrol agents. They are fighting the battle on our home turf like our soldiers are in the middle east. GREAT JOB GUYS.

Illegal border crossings are frequent, and the majority of the problem is composed of people trying to enter our country to work and provide for their families. There are also drug smugglers, terrorists, and criminals crossing our borders.

The government is proposing a ?guest worker? idea to try and slow the tide of crossings that are composed of people looking to work. Unfortunately they are also considering rewarding those who have already committed a crime by breaking our immigration laws. This seems like a bad idea to me, and I would more likely to support a guest worker plan that rewarded those who have tried to enter the country legally, and required any guest workers to apply in person at US consulates outside the country.

There are laws already which should punish those who hire illegal workers, but they are largely un-enforced.

If they laws that require an employer to hire only those people here legally were enforced and people were willing to turn in those employers who do not, the number of illegal construction workers, janitors etc. would be reduced, but the simple fact is that we like paying less for our services. Just a few examples;

How many of you have paid that person with the pick-up and trailer who comes through your neighborhood and offers to trim your palm trees?

How many of you have asked your contractor if he is hiring illegal aliens to do the job you hired him for?

How many of you have picked up a worker who is standing outside of home depot looking for work on Saturday morning?

Did you check on the girl who cleans your house or office?

If there was enough Border Patrol to pick-up illegals on the job, how many of you would call when the crew arrived at your house and you suspected them of being illegal?

So long as we reward them for coming, we cannot reasonably expect the problem to go away. I wish there was a simple solution, but there isn?t.

The minutemen are just trying to do something. If all they accomplish is to spotlight the problem, it will still be a positive result.

So long as the bordor Partol is not hampered in their efforts I support what they are doing.

I will also do my part to not reward illegal border crossers by hiring them.

Bret C.