Sign in to follow this  
azspike

My first bobcats

Called in my first bobcat in December. Then called in my second the next day. I was out with a new hunting buddy from work both days, I think he may be my good luck charm. I am headed out with him again tomorrow, maybe this time he will get something to shoot at.

First bobcat with my foxpro and mojo critter IMG_20111216_072234-401x300.jpg

Second called bobcat spottedcat.jpg

The first one showed up about 45 seconds into the stand and I took him with my Remington 870 at about 35 yards.

The second one took about 5 minutes to show up and I took him with the same setup at about 40 yards.

Wow 2 for 2 on bobcats thats friggin awesome! Im 2 for 2 as well... Cats in consecutive years! Thats awesome man! What were you shooting from the 870?

When I shot these cats I was using 3 inch #4 buck. I received a box of that Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote in T for Christmas and had a chance to use it for the first time yesterday (not on a cat this time). The Hevi-Shot works great but at almost $4 a round I don't know if I will buy it for myself.

Stay with the #4 buck and stiff will die! They work wonders. I like the copper plated and I have killed a few cats, a truck load of fox and coyotes as well.

#4 buck, the 12 guage and the Foxpro close are my favorites!

Two bobcats in two outings, wow. You better go buy some lottery tickets now...or apply for your trophy bull tag.

Stay with the #4 buck and stiff will die! They work wonders. I like the copper plated and I have killed a few cats, a truck load of fox and coyotes as well.

#4 buck, the 12 guage and the Foxpro close are my favorites!

Where do you buy the copper plated shot?

Sweeeet. Nice job, I hope to call in a cat someday. What kind of sounds were you using if you dont mind me asking? Welcome to the site too.

Both of them came in to the FoxPro "DSG Cottontail". The weird thing was that I didn't see either of them come in. I was scanning my eyes from right to left (I read recently that you actually see more if you scan your surroundings opposite of the way that you read) and one second there was nothing, and the next they were just there. Totally still, it was like looking at a picture, nothing like seeing a 'yote come barreling in. No motion to queue off of at all. It makes me think that I have been missing cats for years.

For the first one it was windy as can be and had been raining all night. I started the call turned up all the way and it paid off in under a minute. The second one came in with the call at about 80%. That is using a FoxPro Spitfire.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been reading these forums for a long time just never dedicated the time to contribute.

Two bobcats in two outings, wow. You better go buy some lottery tickets now...or apply for your trophy bull tag.

I'm crossing all my fingers for speed goat this year. But a lotto ticket may be in order.

very cool!

that's awesome!

james