Sign in to follow this  
lucky2hunt

Not how I planned it... But elated with outcome!

Ilene,

I know how much you wanted to take that buck with your archery equipment. I can't believe you sat as long as you did with all the stories of deer sightings everyday. You are to be commented on your patience, which I would have bailed long before you, for sticking with those long hours in a blind. Shooting this awesome buck at the last moment with a rifle is no disgrace in any way. The pictures are great and thanks for sharing your story of your hunt. There's no doubt Roger was a big part of your success. Congratulations to the both of you.

Looking forward to another ADA Banquet with you and Roger and keep them whiskies coming to Roger and you just might have another hunt of a lifetime. lol :D

TJ

Congratulations on a super nice buck! Way to adapt and get it done in a big way at the end of the hunt. Looks like a beautiful ranch and some good times had by all.

I have to ask, how long are those main beams? Looks like if they curled in, they would overlap!

Awesome deer, congrats!

I honestly do not know, I don't know how to measure antlers. Maybe when I see Amanda at the Women's Javi Hunt she can measure it for me! :)

Thanks everyone!!!

Bring it and I will measure it for you!

Great buck! Sweet story! Time to go to Mexico - 1 day...

I would have used the rifle too on the last day - :)

AzP&Y

Ilene,I know that you wanted to use your bow,but the buck you killed was awesome!!!I have been down with Javier 5 or 6 times,and really enjoy being with him at his dad's ranch,it's a special place.It was really neat that Javier glassed up a jaguar,did you get to see it also?The last time I was at his dad's ranch,I glassed up 3 lions together.I am glad that you included the pictures of Migel packing your deer,he did the same thing with mine.I am going down to Hermosillo tomorrow with Javiers brother to visit a couple of days with Javier,and his father.Thank you for the writeup,and the pictures.Cliff

Nice Ilene!

Congratulations on a super sweet long main beamed buck!

Looks like you had a grand time and from the looks of things, you will be back!

Congrats Ilene!!! Nothing wrong with whippin' out the firestick in the last inning and gettin' it done! You stuck it out longer than I could have with the bow! Congrats again on a very pretty buck! JIM>

Ilene,I know that you wanted to use your bow,but the buck you killed was awesome!!!I have been down with Javier 5 or 6 times,and really enjoy being with him at his dad's ranch,it's a special place.It was really neat that Javier glassed up a jaguar,did you get to see it also?The last time I was at his dad's ranch,I glassed up 3 lions together.I am glad that you included the pictures of Migel packing your deer,he did the same thing with mine.I am going down to Hermosillo tomorrow with Javiers brother to visit a couple of days with Javier,and his father.Thank you for the writeup,and the pictures.Cliff

Hey Cliff! Thanks! To say I heard a few stories of you and Javier's adventures together is an understatement! :P Sounds like you are are quite the Amigos!!! Hope you have a good trip and Javier's father is doing better... Thanks for talking to Roger before our trip, it was a huge help!

Ilene, congratulations on your buck! you worked hard for it. I also recognized those hills, I have been in that ranch and glad to hear that Javiers dad is doing better.

Again congratulations on your success! :)

Ernesto C