Sign in to follow this  
Codywhi

My 2012 January Hunt

January 1st i found myself sneaking into a good herd of javi, 40 min later i had the herd feeding 30 yards in front of me... i picked out the biggest one and let the Swhacker fly.... after a 15 yard recovery i was punching my first tag of 2012!!!!!!!

stinkpig.jpg

I hunted 17 days straight after that, I had some really bad luck on a big desert muley that i had been watching all year.. So feeling a little down on my luck i jumped in my truck after work and headed to one of my favorite Coues spots, a quick glass of the hill side and i had a buck chasin a hot doe!!!!!! i worked my way over to the buck he had no idea i was in the area, I closed the distance to 62 yards and let another swhacker fly, after a 10 yard recovery i was punching my 2ed tag of the year.... what a January.... :D Thanks for reading....

tn.jpg

Nice buck and pig! Your year is starting off right!

That buck looks similar to your avatar pic...

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

AZP&Y

wow azp&y, i didnt even realize that.... thanks buddie... killed this buck in the same canyon as the pics where takin back in 09, must be his daddy..

a better pic...

092-1.jpg

Way to go Cody! Congrats on a successful January!! Now we have a whole year to sit and think about it! :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

That is so awesome. I can only hope for the time I can close the deal. The double whammy deal. I haven't been hunting long, and this is a story I hope to post someday. Congrats.

Awesome job on a great buck and sweet pig! Way to go man and big congratulations!