And to top it off, if PBJ, SMACK, BUTTERS, and WARBIRD donate $10, I'll match it!

Calling you out!

Come on guys... The silence is deafening... Put your money where your mouth is... :D

What are you calling me out for? You want the $10 you pay for it. I have no idea what it's for. For what little you do for wildlife I think you should just pay for the remaining 13. You better check yourself, I recommend you have all your ducks in a row before you call me out. I do a lot so not quite sure why your coming at me. Like I said in my other post I have not been on the ADA board for quite some time now and I'm sure you learned of this bill long before me.

Bryan Waitman

I really need the 10 spot pledges... consider it the price of admission.

To bad I just gave away my last 'Popeil's pocket panty unwadder' I could have raffled it off to some attendees that are in desperate need...

It's getting close, 99.999% I will be there with my hand out... bring 10 bucks.

Kent

I currently plan to attend the meeting on Feb 21 at 6:30 PM at Bass Pro. I plan on arriving early so that I can have dinner at the Fish Company. Join me if you wish.

I plan on bringing an extra 10 spot for Kent's cause. I'll bring an extra 10 for Amanda to ensure that this site continues keeping us informed.

While the 2072 information was posted on several sites, Bowsite, Monster Muleys, Arizona Hunter and Coues Whitetail. Coues Whitetai; is the only site that has carried the real discussion.

Those who visit and comment on this site tend to remain engaged from start to finish. Without Coues Whitetail we would not have been able to kill HB 2072. This site has been our line of communication and debate.

George

I've been following this from the begining and this statement is nothing but b.s. and far from the truth. The ADA has set aside a time and date for everyone to attend but all I'm hearing is its too far of a drive. What does everyone think these guys live 10 minutes away from their meetings? And how many times a month do you think they make the long drive to these meetings? Answer me this, why is it with all the organizations combined that its the same 500 faces year in and year out that do the banquets, work projects, youth camps,workshops, ect.

These people work hard for the wildlife in the state of Arizona and there never seems to be new people willing to help out. Every hunter should do their part if not atleast be a member and pay your dues to do their part with whatever hunting organzation that one chooses. I personaly know the people on the ADA board and half the stuff that people are saying about them is not true, everyone has been givin the oppertuiny to attend a public meeting on the 21st so take advantage of it so every one can know the facts and if people want to use the excuse that its too far of a drive thats pretty lame of an excuse. There is a lot of people that put their heart,soul,blood,tears,and many hours of comute to attend these meetings and projects and for some one to make a statement like this is just off the wall you need to re-exam your post.

Bryan Waitman

So Bryan Waitman,

Can you tell us all, does the ADA still support the AZSFW and their lobbyist? I think it would be helpful to know this before the meeting??

Sorry to all my work has taken most of my time and I havent been back to post anything

AS far as the question how does the ADA stand on supporting the AZSFW we really havent talked about it much or voted on the subject.Our main focus right now has been on our banquet FEB 25.

After the meeting on the 21st im sure we will discuss the matter further and the Board will make a ruling.It may be that night due to time constraints but it will be soon.

On my personal opinion I was Pissed off about the way AZSFW backstabbed all the orginazations without first allowing all of us to look at and make suggestions on what they wanted to do.( there final draft)

Some of you may ask am I still mad YES

Lance as far as the ADA not participating in clean up or camps we always do.

I have been involved personally in the unit 10 cleanup from approx 8 years ago and I love doing it. I can honestly say I havent made it every year but 6 out of 8 years aint to shabby.

when im there I dont tell everyone who I am or who im with im just a volinter.

and for the record I have never hunter deer in unit 10.

Lance if the ADA didnt listen to any of u the meeting set for the 21 would not of happened.

Lance and 270 and everyone else I never wanted to come on this site to slam,beat down or slander anyone. My only goal is to lets all work together and help all deer,elk ant ect in arizona, If we all put as much time helping orginazation like the ADA,AES,AAF,ADBSS,and less time bashing each other we would probably be powerfull.

Every year The ADA and other orginazations needs new board members and we send letters to all the current members asking if anyone out there would like to volunteer for a position on the board, do you know how many people jump at the oportunity to get on NONE "why is that".

It really sounds like some of you here ( NOT TRYING TO SLAM ON ANYONE)on this forum are educated and would love a position like that, where are u all.

I have heard that some of you are not members WHY NOT ( forget about HB2072 for a moment)where were you last years and the year before that.

where were u 5 years ago .

I have been a active board member of the ADA for 15 years solid "past president ect" I dont need a pat on the back.

I have never been paid one dollar,or have gotten special treatment in any way shape or form. just to let everyone know!!

I put approx 8000 to 12000 miles a year on my personal truck volinteering for the ADA. going to meetings,banquets,in the field on the kaibab and the strip and down south. all for FREE

We need help from willing people that want to help junior hunters,deer heard in arizona,water catchments and alot more things along that line

now where are all of u

Please show up to the meeting on the 21 or any of our regular board meetings They are always open to the public its always posted on our website www.azdeer.org when and where

And again I appolagize for slamming and one person in my earlier post that was never my attention.

Thankyou

Dom

For what little you do for wildlife I think you should just pay for the remaining 13. You better check yourself, I recommend you have all your ducks in a row before you call me out. Bryan Waitman

Really? Seriouslly? Check your facts...

• Like 1

For what little you do for wildlife I think you should just pay for the remaining 13. You better check yourself, I recommend you have all your ducks in a row before you call me out. Bryan Waitman

Really? Seriouslly? Check your facts...

YEP!!!!

I currently plan to attend the meeting on Feb 21 at 6:30 PM at Bass Pro. I plan on arriving early so that I can have dinner at the Fish Company. Join me if you wish.

I plan on bringing an extra 10 spot for Kent's cause. I'll bring an extra 10 for Amanda to ensure that this site continues keeping us informed.

While the 2072 information was posted on several sites, Bowsite, Monster Muleys, Arizona Hunter and Coues Whitetail. Coues Whitetai; is the only site that has carried the real discussion.

Those who visit and comment on this site tend to remain engaged from start to finish. Without Coues Whitetail we would not have been able to kill HB 2072. This site has been our line of communication and debate.

George

I have been watching these topics closely and am deeply concerned with what has transpired. I'll match your $10 for both Kent and Amanda. I was planning on getting there early, so I might have to join ya. Maybe make it a meeting before the meeting.

Jerry

• Like 1

Some of us do not work well as part of an organization, or work best, or enjoy the politics of it, or feel restricted, or confined, or held back... There are a multitude of personalities in support of hunting community issues, each has it's place and at times it's own power above the others... I have made my place in the conservation scene, who will do what I do if I abandon it.

A vortex was manufactured by the leadership of the orgs, it has sucked us all in. The individuals are the ones that jumped out first and came out fighting. This isn't about the conservation of Az wildlife... this is about political corruption and cronyism by those trusted within. I understand the investment and trust that the member orgs put in azsfw and how this was a surprise and difficult to accept... of course there are those who still support the premise of 2072.

A turning point is upon you, one of those times in life worked for or unlooked for... be intelligent and recognize what it is and choose the right path, the old status quo is dead either way. We offer our hand to pull you out... be stubborn then drown.

Kent

• Like 2

The different groups all seem to be subservient to the sfw in one way or another. I too feel it was pissed off individuals that stopped the tag grab. It was individuals more or less united, but it wasn't any recognized group and it was lot more than the same 5 trouble makers little smacky refers too. I still maintain that a strong condemnation of 2072 would give ada a tremendous amount of respect with the majority. But I don't see it happening because there are too many folks that are on both boards. The silence is becoming comedic. Doesn't anyone have an opinion? Pbj is tied in tight to both sides and seems to feel if he ignores the questions maybe they'll go away. At least for now the good guys have won. The future is still sorta murky. Lark.

I will join George early and hopefully some of the other big hitters in the legislative and political arena that have shown interest... what I'll do there, I don't know, lol... there needs to be a new fresh approach to the combining of the orgs for conservation first and political lobby second... I have a suggestion or two. There's an undercurrent brewing, a good one.

Kent

Some of us do not work well as part of an organization, or work best, or enjoy the politics of it, or feel restricted, or confined, or held back... There are a multitude of personalities in support of hunting community issues, each has it's place and at times it's own power above the others... I have made my place in the conservation scene, who will do what I do if I abandon it.

A vortex was manufactured by the leadership of the orgs, it has sucked us all in. The individuals are the ones that jumped out first and came out fighting. This isn't about the conservation of Az wildlife... this is about political corruption and cronyism by those trusted within. I understand the investment and trust that the member orgs put in azsfw and how this was a surprise and difficult to accept... of course there are those who still support the premise of 2072.

A turning point is upon you, one of those times in life worked for or unlooked for... be intelligent and recognize what it is and choose the right path, the old status quo is dead either way. We offer our hand to pull you out... be stubborn then drown.

Kent

Very well said. All of it.

Dom: good post (generally). I think that some of the outbursts you see/hear on CW are actually from people that spend time/money/efforts for wildlife that you may not be aware of. Take .270 as an example. I sat side by side with Lark during the USO fiasco at commission meetings. He is so vocal because he CARES about wildlife here in AZ as well as everywhere else. He most likely was fed up with the way alot of org's morphed into social cliques instead of staying focused on the primary goal of helping wildlife. Many org's have developed into "exclusive" clubs that give off the vibe that makes people feel less than welcome. After saying this, many will get defensive and not look at this potential, but it is there. Kent probably has some of these same feelings. With everyone being so busy in life/job/family, some of us determine our best "fit" in wildlife conservation and we do what we can, like junior hunters efforts, work projects, money donation.........etc..........but we all probably support where we feel our efforts/dollars/time will be most beneficial. Right now and for the past couple of weeks, people are looking at the orgs like ADA and want to know where they stand. The reason this is important is twofold:

1. ADA supported AZSFW and AZSFW just pushed HB2072 that alot of people dont think was in the best interest of wildlife

2. Alot of people think since AZSFW did this, ADA needs to sever ties so any money/effort ADA gets doesnt go back to AZSFW

If ADA had made a stand against HB2072/AZSFW immediately, there are alot of people that would be committed to the upcoming banquet. As it sits now, I know personally of many who just dont want to spend the money on raffles, auction items etc when they dont know if AZSFW will still get its cut.

As Kent mentioned, there are changes in the wind and maybe the outcome of the meeting on the 21st will give us a picture of where we are going. I urge everyone to attend. Hopefully ADA stands up and shows us where they plan on going. If not, we have some planning to do if we all sincerely believe our #1 mission is the preservation and enhancement of wildlife in AZ .............Allen Taylor.........

• Like 1

All who want to come early, some broader issues will be thrown around in a constructive manner, it won't be an ADA bash... I hope.

Long story short... as a child my family went to a nondenominational Christian church, it has national branches/connections including Manhattan Christian College in Kansas. Anyway, our family was involved in new church building here in the east valley. Starting in rented school auditoriums until enough money was raised to build. At about 15 I was considered a child prodigy of the church and was groomed for the ministry. I was brought into the inner workings of the organization of a church... well, seeing all the issues and egos from the elders to patrons a minister had to balance... not me!

Even the love of Jesus can't stop the inner politics and personality fractions in a single church body... it's not going to happen in our hunting community or an org either. It just has to be worked around.

Kent

Kent

My thoughts exactly

Dom: good post (generally). I think that some of the outbursts you see/hear on CW are actually from people that spend time/money/efforts for wildlife that you may not be aware of. Take .270 as an example. I sat side by side with Lark during the USO fiasco at commission meetings. He is so vocal because he CARES about wildlife here in AZ as well as everywhere else. He most likely was fed up with the way alot of org's morphed into social cliques instead of staying focused on the primary goal of helping wildlife. Many org's have developed into "exclusive" clubs that give off the vibe that makes people feel less than welcome. After saying this, many will get defensive and not look at this potential, but it is there. Kent probably has some of these same feelings. With everyone being so busy in life/job/family, some of us determine our best "fit" in wildlife conservation and we do what we can, like junior hunters efforts, work projects, money donation.........etc..........but we all probably support where we feel our efforts/dollars/time will be most beneficial. Right now and for the past couple of weeks, people are looking at the orgs like ADA and want to know where they stand. The reason this is important is twofold:

1. ADA supported AZSFW and AZSFW just pushed HB2072 that alot of people dont think was in the best interest of wildlife

2. Alot of people think since AZSFW did this, ADA needs to sever ties so any money/effort ADA gets doesnt go back to AZSFW

If ADA had made a stand against HB2072/AZSFW immediately, there are alot of people that would be committed to the upcoming banquet. As it sits now, I know personally of many who just dont want to spend the money on raffles, auction items etc when they dont know if AZSFW will still get its cut.

As Kent mentioned, there are changes in the wind and maybe the outcome of the meeting on the 21st will give us a picture of where we are going. I urge everyone to attend. Hopefully ADA stands up and shows us where they plan on going. If not, we have some planning to do if we all sincerely believe our #1 mission is the preservation and enhancement of wildlife in AZ .............Allen Taylor.........

Allen, You hit the nail on the head!

Hope we have a great turnout.