Sign in to follow this  
GodIsGood

G&F Online Oops?

Got nervous Nellie about being applicant B for someone else handling our online application so I checked yesterday and it appeared I was not put in for the elk drawing... with only a few hours to spare i checked with my hunting partner who absolutely said he put us both in... I got thru to G&F on the phone and they said I had NOT applied, although my buddy had.

They indicated that others had the same issue and it is my fear that a bunch of fellas may be dissappointed - all out of staters I hope. When my friend called G&F they told him other random applicants B,C,D had also not been processed.

I was not impressed with the online site, it was clumbsy and I wasnt able to see various radio/click boxes until I switched from GoogleChrome browser to IE5. A grown up site designed to generate TONS of revenue from us should work equally well with all browsers.

I am very thankful I checked and hope CWT friends arent let down... but ya may wanna check if you were a B,C,D online applicant

Scary! Just another reason I don't ever let anyone put in the draws for me. Likewise I don't put in for anyone else except the wife and kids. If I screw something up, I can only be upset with myself. I have had someone screw me out of a tag out of stupidity before. This way all I have to worry about is my own stupidity. Me and my buddies just put in separately with matching hunt numbers in the same order . If G&F has issues hopefully they won't get us all and we will still go hunt.

Lee

I opted to print the receipts as I went, applicant B is on there and I would think they would have to honor it if their system said otherwise. What a bummer deal for people. I hope this doesn't mean they will have to hand out extra tags. I'm sure they'll get a handle on it before the actual draw.

I got booted a couple of times while halfway or so into the app... Slowed me down a little but was cause for concern. Putting in for my older boys apps, my 12 year olds apps, and my apps I probably got kicked out 3 times.

Didn't put in for any of my buddies this year - I used to be the one filling out apps for all of us when we put in together, especially when they were out of town on out-of-state projects, but I won't do it anymore. Left out one digit of the birthday for one of the guys I hunt with in 2009 and I though we were going to go to blows over it. I still catch crap every year that he doesn't have his loyalty point.

There are pluses and minuses to be sure, but overall I am glad we are back to the online application.

That makes me nervous since my old man is the one who put us in... Having 8 points for elk and 10 for goat, I have atleast a half a percentage increase in chance!

Why doesnt everybody use the correction period? Waiting till the last minute is just stupid. And stupid people should not be allowed to go hunting.

If you want the job done right. do it yourself.... This is very true. amen Bro..

Ron

Scary! Just another reason I don't ever let anyone put in the draws for me. Likewise I don't put in for anyone else except the wife and kids. If I screw something up, I can only be upset with myself. I have had someone screw me out of a tag out of stupidity before. This way all I have to worry about is my own stupidity. Me and my buddies just put in separately with matching hunt numbers in the same order . If G&F has issues hopefully they won't get us all and we will still go hunt.

Lee

Why dont doesnt everybody use the correction period? Waiting till the last minute is just stupid. And stupid people should not be allowed to go hunting.

I wouldn't say its stupid.... there's a lot of reasons why some people have to delay putting in. For a lot of folks, it takes a while to scrounge up enough money to be able to drop several hundreds of dollars to be able to put their kids and themselves in.

Why dont doesnt everybody use the correction period? Waiting till the last minute is just stupid. And stupid people should not be allowed to go hunting.

Fill it out right the first time and it doesn't matter, stupid.

• Like 1

How can you find out if your app. Was accepted?

at this point you'd have to G&F and inquire about online app receipt.

I dont disagree with ThomC about waiting till the last minute - although in my case our mutual app was input about 2wks before the deadline... I thankfully happen to check on the last day. Had I not, I would have been SOL.

I like GoogleChrome much more that IE - faster and fewer crashes or freezes - dont knock it if you havent tried it.

and if they [G&F] had recognized the browser problem - they should have fixed the problem. They had a disclaimer/instruction box telling you what to do or what to download if you were having problems with IE, FireFox or Chrome... thats bush league in my book