Sign in to follow this  
WHALE

Mama Whale got her first pig

My wife got her first pig yesterday. She had a rifle tag and wanted to shoot one spot and stalk, but with 6 kids early mornings can be rough. The plan was for Jake and I to get out early and see if we could fine the pigs down south where we had seen them in January. We got out early yesterday and were glassing before the sun came. About 7:00 I picked em up about a 1/2 mile out and got on the phone to have our 2 shooters (my wife and Jake's soon to be wife) and 7 kids meet up with us. Jake called his dad and Tim and they were headed our way to help out as well. So we had 7 kids and 6 adults ranging from 7 months to 50 some years to stalk about 11 pigs. We got to within 180 yds. and told the girls to find the pigs in their scopes which was pretty hard do to the fact the pigs were bedded in some mesquites. They ended up with a couple misses and mama with her first pig a young boar shot at 139 yards. Thanks to all involved it was a hoot :lol: with the kids enjoying every moment and my wife who I am very proud of.post-3109-0-45248500-1330269540_thumb.jpgpost-3109-0-09545000-1330269560_thumb.jpg

What is the info on her rifle?

That is my varmit gun it is a break action o/u 12ga. on top 223 on bottom. It is the only 223 I own and that is what she felt comfortable with.

Wow! That's a huge flock of kids!!! ;) Congrats on the pig and a very awesome family outing!!!

That has got to be one of the best family hunt pics of all times. Congratulations to your wife and to all the other family members for their help and support. That's nice! :)

TJ