CouesWhitetail

Neoprene cover for your swaro 15x56s

Want a little extra protection for your 15x56s? check these out:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/guard_dog_binocular_cover.htm

Amanda, I use my 15X56's with the eye pieces as close together as they go. Do these covers limit the binos from closing all the way? I like them, but if they restrict them form closing all the way, I can't buy them.

Thanks.

http://www.coueswhit...cular_cover.htm

Amanda, I use my 15X56's with the eye pieces as close together as they go. Do these covers limit the binos from closing all the way? I like them, but if they restrict them form closing all the way, I can't buy them.

Thanks.

I was thinking the same thing, Jimmyc. I think I'm going to give them a try though.

Take a look at the quote below from BigWave regarding this exact same question. Seems like you can still close them all the way.....

S.

:)

" snapback.pngDiamondbackaz, on 24 November 2011 - 09:48 AM, said:Question, what purpose do they serve?

They wouldn't work for me as I have to have my 15's all the way closed because of my narrow IPD. I even had to narrow my adapter just to get them closer together.

They are solely made to provide an extra layer of protection from accidental drops, scratches from carrying your binos on a tripod thru brush, etc. They are designed to stay on all of the time and work with the factory rubber lens covers. Some guys will put their binos in their backpack along with other hard items in it, hike several miles with the binos rubbing against another item and get wear marks on the binos. I like to keep my gear in great shape and looking new for as long as possible and this will help me do that. These binos are not cheap!

I dont understand the second part. These work perfectly with the tripod adapter in place and fully closed down to the narrowest position. Did you have the hinge assembly on your binos customized to close further down? Could you explain?

Again, thanks for the input! I know that these are not for everyone, but I know that I looked for something like this for my Swaro's when I first got them and if it had been out there, I sure would have bought a set!

Thanks! "

http://www.coueswhit...cular_cover.htm

Thanks.

I was thinking the same thing, Jimmyc. I think I'm going to give them a try though.

Take a look at the quote below from BigWave regarding this exact same question. Seems like you can still close them all the way.....

S.

:)

" snapback.pngDiamondbackaz, on 24 November 2011 - 09:48 AM, said:Question, what purpose do they serve?

They wouldn't work for me as I have to have my 15's all the way closed because of my narrow IPD. I even had to narrow my adapter just to get them closer together.

They are solely made to provide an extra layer of protection from accidental drops, scratches from carrying your binos on a tripod thru brush, etc. They are designed to stay on all of the time and work with the factory rubber lens covers. Some guys will put their binos in their backpack along with other hard items in it, hike several miles with the binos rubbing against another item and get wear marks on the binos. I like to keep my gear in great shape and looking new for as long as possible and this will help me do that. These binos are not cheap!

I dont understand the second part. These work perfectly with the tripod adapter in place and fully closed down to the narrowest position. Did you have the hinge assembly on your binos customized to close further down? Could you explain?

Again, thanks for the input! I know that these are not for everyone, but I know that I looked for something like this for my Swaro's when I first got them and if it had been out there, I sure would have bought a set!

Thanks! "

Tanks! I will keep my eyes open for these. SLC 10X42's could use em too..

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/guard_dog_binocular_cover.htm

Thanks.

They do limit closure to a small degree. For me, it was enough to make it so I can't use them because my eyes are fairly narrow I guess. When glassing with my swaros I have to have my barrels completely together and any separation means I can't glass with them. So if you have a narrow eyeset where you have to have your binos closed completely, then I don't recommend this product.

Yep, we're finding that people that need to have the eyepieces in the narrowest position have a problem with these. We will be working on the design to see if we can make them work for everyone.

The set I have on my 15's have been on there for a while. I can close them all the way down and they spring back slightly.

Thanks for the interest in these, and thanks to Amanda for selling these!

Yep, we're finding that people that need to have the eyepieces in the narrowest position have a problem with these. We will be working on the design to see if we can make them work for everyone.

The set I have on my 15's have been on there for a while. I can close them all the way down and they spring back slightly.

Thanks for the interest in these, and thanks to Amanda for selling these!

Could you make the inside (where the objectives come together) out of something really thin like elastic or spandex, to allow them to close together? When you get a design made for narrow eyes, hit me up, I'll be the first to buy em!

Here is a pic of my 15's with the Gaurd Dog covers. They fit extreamly well. 100% satisfied customer.

Speedy.

Great to hear Speedy! Thanks for the post and the feedback!!

I am interested. Will these work with 10X42 SLC's?

Sorry, they are fit for the Swaro 15's only.