audsley

Governor hearing a sales pitch for HB2072 today

I can't believe you guys that say you can't believe they are trying it again. Liars and thieves. That's who we're dealing with. Liars and thieves. They won't give up. Hamberlin wants the tags for all his buddies and kids. Look what the sfw plant in Alaska did. There is no limit to the slime they are willing to ooze. Lark.

Persistent and self serving. No consideration for anyone else except themselves.

I can't believe the audacity in which they blatantly disregard the publics input.

Disgusting.

I sincerely hope that the AZ Sportsmen can put a stop to this. Many years ago I rallied with numerous people to try and stop this from happening in Utah. It was passed because it would be a financial windfall for the state. It wasn’t but once the handout was given it is hard, if not impossible to stop. It is scary to see just how similar the AZ deal is to the Utah deal. I now live in Wyoming and this whole deal makes me sick to my stomach.

The average Joe in AZ will take it in the shorts if this gets passed. I can only guess as to what will happen (all based on the Utah Model). First more than half the tags will come from the nonresident tags (this will be done as a way to appease the residents who oppose it). It will be sold as a way for residents to get more hunting tags. Then they will require everybody to validate their applications at their expo. This will not be a big deal to the people who live in the Phoenix. They will use the masses of people in the metro areas to hose the people who live away from the city. They will try and sell it as a second chance at the tags for the average guy. You can actually have two shots at the tags.

I hope there is a very loud and clear voice that can stop this. I am cynical as to the prospects. They tried to tell everybody this bill was dead but I am sure they were working overtime to push this through backroom deals.

Funny that at first they tried to say this would save AZ hunting because all the money they raised would go to AZ and now they are trying to bribe the AZ F&G with 30%. I thought the original idea was to raise money for wildlife? If that was the case then why try and bribe the F&G with money. Am I the only one?

I have sent emails but as a nonresident I am not sure what good it will do. I would love to see the responses of the people (BPJ) who said this was a done deal and dead. Where are they now? Again, if this is such a great deal for AZ why tell everybody the bill is dead only to try back door the deal again.

I fear that in the end they will eventually find the right person to bribe and get this done. I hope and pray I am wrong. Many years ago on Bowsite I begged people to stop SFW from gaining a foot hold in AZ. Denham told me that AZ SFW would be different and wouldn’t try for wealth tags. BPJ said this was a dead bill and not an issue. Not sure how to look at this other than the AZ SFW will lie and cheat to get this done.

Please keep up the fight. I am going to join the organizations that cut and ran from AZ SFW when this first started. I would hope that people will take a long look at any organization that is still associated with AZ SFW…

Can anyone with political knowledge answer the following:

If/when HB2072 or any form of it gets proposed, is there a place in the "process" that it must go through that we can already be sending letters/emails etc...?

as an example, should we flood Gov. Brewers office with calls/email/letters? Does she have any VETO power? Somehow some way I would think we can be quickly versed on a way in which we can immediately make an impact.

Any answers would sure help the cause................Allen Taylor..........

Allen:

I happen to have a friend who is a lobbyist here in AZ (NOT related to this! He represents a completely different business group.......) I'll try to call him today to see what he knows about the process! Will post if/when I find anything.

S.

Allen et al;

I spoke to my 'source' at the Capitol. He gave me the skinny regarding what he knows about the general law making process, and in particular THIS bill. His take was that lobbyists/reps frequently meet with the Govenor's office to feel-out bills and the vibe as part of the process. His take was that likely the pushers of this bill clearly are still trying to make a go of it, and were wanting to run it by the Govenor's folks to try to get a feel for support if it ended-up making it through the House to her desk.

That being said, he also indicated that the 'word on the street' at the Capitol and in the House is that this bill is POISON/TOXIC! He has talked to several Representatives and Lobbyists, and his take was that it will not get anywhere based on the amazing response from the 'average joe' sportsman! ;)

I'm not trying to paint it like there is no reason for concern, and I'm not trying to make it like he knows anymore than anyone else. It was just an off the record conversation with a friend of mine who is in that three ring circus everyday for a living.

Good job to everyone for making your voice's heard!

S.

:)

I can't believe you guys that say you can't believe they are trying it again. Liars and thieves. That's who we're dealing with. Liars and thieves. They won't give up. Hamberlin wants the tags for all his buddies and kids. Look what the sfw plant in Alaska did. There is no limit to the slime they are willing to ooze. Lark.

Persistent and self serving. No consideration for anyone else except themselves.

I can't believe the audacity in which they blatantly disregard the publics input.

Disgusting.

Yes indeed. Persistent and self serving seems to be at an all time high in the good old USA. Obama is a prime example. If they can't get it honestly, then they lie, bribe, and cheat to make it happen.

We do not negotiate with tag terrorists, especially the ones that are too self absorbed to realize they have almost no leverage.

• Like 1

4. Concern has been raised by some that none of the monies flow directly back to the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD). We are willing to negotiate with Game and Fish and are prepared to offer them up to 30% of the net proceeds to augment their hunter recruitment program if they support the legislation.

Unbelievable. So you rip the tags from the G&F and offer them 30% if they bend over and support your molestation....errr I mean legislation? Seriously, this Hamberlin dude is worse than George Taulman.

• Like 1

The silence of AZSWC principals is deafening. It would appear Hamberlin and the rest of the board have greatly misjudged the mood of most AZ Sportsmen. Knowing this, AZSWC presses on furthering their own demise. I am hoping that additional Sportsmans organizations renounce their affiliation with AZSWC. I've lost any respect I had for these people, they have defined themselves.

I'd like to recgnize those of you who have worked to keep the rest of us informed. You've done well. Thank you.

The Commission Appointment Commitee bill was when Hamberlin popped up on my radar. This isn't only a tag grab it is a way to take control of the G&F and get rid of the Commission. There is more at stake here than tags.

George, in the words of curly, soitenly! Pbj has lied and lied about this deal. He is all for it and if you could ever make him tell the truth he has been in on this deal since it's inception. Him and Pete are sleeping with the devil and like it. There are also a couple more names of rich guys that will surface before this is over. Just look at the list of sfw board members and donors. You'll see em. Lark.

Keep in mind that BPJ was probably a participant in the revision of HB 2072. The question now is will he endorse the revision here?

George

I doubt it. HB 2072 is nothing but a big stinky Turd, and PBJ ran out of ways to try and sugar coat it.

I spoke with my cousin who is a reporter for channel 12 news and game him the Cliff Notes version of what's going on and he thought it was a great topic for a story on the news. I know enough about the HB2072 and roughly who are people are behind it to make myself feel like I'm dangerous, but I don't know enough to give him the facts and details. If you've been involved and know details, names, etc.. and would be willing to speak with him, please PM me your information and I'll pass it along to my cousin.

Hopefully this could provide the spotlight that we've all been trying to shine on AZSFW and this proposed bill. (sorry for posting on a couple different topics, just didn't want miss someone who has knowledge of the issue because they didn't see the other posts..)

Greg