Sign in to follow this  
mp_moody

Leap Day Pig

At 23 years old, I finally have my first big game animal!

P2290025.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________

I hunted with some buddies and acquaintances just north of Bumblebee from Friday through Monday.

Here are some random photos I took during those days:

412726_10151322891220717_707740716_23045543_1183045817_o.jpg

P2250019.jpg

P2250018.jpg

P2240016.jpg (If you know where this is, don't bother. All you will see are hunters)

471764_10151329243770717_707740716_23068488_599967969_o-1.jpg (If you zoom in you can see he is at least a spike).

In the future, I will not be returning. There are too many hunters, too many roads, too many weekend warriors/shooters, and not any pigs!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The sow was taken much farther south in the unit at around 9:50 this morning. It took us about half an hour to find her due to a small mistake in navigation, but we got her cleaned up and to the meat processor by 1:30 this afternoon. The skull is a mess. Believe it or not, I hit her in the ear with a handloaded 55gr soft point bullet at exactly 200 yards. The exit wound was tiny and just below her eye on the other side. The lower jaw is shattered in a few different places, but this pig dropped like a sack of potatoes!

Not too bad for my first big game animal! Hopefully days like this don't come once every four years. ;)

Congratulations on your first big game animal. You're doing better than me. I was 25, I think, when I took my first big game. It's all down hill from here for ya. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. :)

TJ

Congrats on the javy. How was that wind in the tent?

We actually took the tent down and slept in Chris' trailer because the wind was pretty bad. Ended up heading back home on Monday evening to avoid the coming rain/snow.

Did you ever go back out? I think next year I will go to this same spot and skip Bumblebee altogether.