javihammer

Need more green ones (good guys)....who will be next?

Awesome post Buzz.

Thanks for the comments Snort. By the way, I don’t post for entertainment, I always have an objective. So far, I feel like I have been meeting my objectives.

Besides getting carpal tunnel over the last month. I personally attended an ADA meeting and let them know very clearly what I thought about the CONCEPTS of HB 2072. I was also part of a meeting that included about 30 like minded sportsmen in Buckeye last week (including four senior members from AZGFD). I will also be attending the AES banquet in a couple weeks. I have also been working with a great group of guys to create a new group that will focus on REAL conservation rather than the political rhetoric "conservation" espoused by the AZSFW/AZSFWC/SFW. We have already started the paperwork for this group and we have been overwhelmed with support from every direction. Most of the vocal people on these boards have been physically present with me in at each step.

By the way, I LIKE the guys from AZGFD. They know their stuff, they care about wildlife, and I view them as partners. I even LIKE some of the members of the ADA, Amanda is on the good guy list and there are many others that listened to us at the ADA meeting that were also good people. I think it is pretty lame that each of the "yellow" wildlife groups has at least one AZSFW plant on their board. I actually feel sorry for some of these groups because the actual members of the groups are good conservation minded people but the loudest voices belong to the dirty ones linked to the AZSFW. That said, any group or business can earn green good guy status, even if they are "red" or "yellow" right now. If I had to bet, I think the ABA is going to be next to earn green guy status, I saw their survey and it was fair and balanced. Once again, no hard feelings, if a critter group takes the position of the Arizona majority all is forgiven and we all move forward to support Arizona wildlife together. We just do it WITHOUT the AZSFW and AZSFWC and any more bills like HB 2072.

I also like our AZGFD commissioners and respect them a ton. I do not agree with the Commissioner Appointment Board process. The old process worked fine, the new process is way too open for abuse.

I see no problem with holding people or businesses accountable for supporting groups that victimize hunters. Rather than whine about seeing opportunity lost, I choose to actively participate in taking action to push back. Once again, there is NO reason why any legit business or organization would have anything to with AZSFW/AZSFWC/SFW right now. It takes very little effort to do the right thing and I choose to recognize those businesses that have the integrity to do so. If you are a business owner that has been pulled into the AZSFW whirlpool all you need to do is post a condemnation of AZSFW/AZSFWC/SFW and the concepts of HB 2072 on a public forum. It is really is THAT easy.

PS - I will be at the AZGFD meeting on 3/22/12. I have no problem discussing my views with anyone. If I caught you stealing my kid’s bike I would confront you, same with stealing their hunt opportunity. Arizona needs to bring the Cavalry to the 3/22/12 meeting at Arizona Game and Fish headquarters, the troops that have been on the ground for the last two months need the support of Arizona hunters (onsite) and the letter support from our hunting brothers throughout the Western United States. Lets git r done boys, it is time to knock these tag bullies off their feet.

Ryan

Well, I had high hopes someone would possibly challenge real world law and issues... guess not...

Kent

Shouldn't a bill such as this have been Vetted through the state Attorney Generals office?

Besides the Supreme Court rulings it violates at least one State statute for sure.

The incompetence by these self imposed leaders of all sportsmen is beyond belief...

Your Fired!!!!!

Kent

i was thinking of making a similar post on this subject. How about a list of Board members of AZSFW and the businesses they own so WE CAN BOYCOTT THEIR ASSES and hit them in the pocketbook where it really counts..

CHAIRMAN: Alan Hamberlin

BOARD MEMBERS

Chris Denham

Brian Dolan

Randy Gaskill

Hays Gilstrap

Floyd Green

Todd Hulm

Mark Nuessle

Art Pearce

LOBBYIST: Suzanne Gilstrap

I will start it off... In Show low there is a Gaskill Grading company, Dont use them!! Chris Denham is involved with that magazine that promotes sales of high end optics, Dont use them either!!

Anyone else????

Ron

Hamberlin, little Johnson, moss, don pee, smack, the triclops boys, denham, all the other rich guys, all these orifices need to join a 12 step program and all take a hike together off an 11 step pier. I really like how they assume anyone that doesn't like 2072 is uneducated and shouldnt be able to have an opinion. They are so sure of their superior intellect that a few paragraphs of crafty lingo is all it will take to win us over. Their aura of wisdom will blind us all to the truth. Take your money and go to Alaska or Utah. You're not going to win in Arizona. All you little business men who have lined up with 2072 get ready for bankruptcy. Because unless you figure out who supports you, that's where you're headed. Lark. Proud member of the so called vocal minority.

I am 100% percent fully for the passing and implementation of hb2072 and here is why. We as sportsman of arizona are facing some tremendous upcoming issues that will negatively affect each of us and more so our chilren. Priority #1 Wolves. Do you guys have any idea how many proposed wolf reitrodution area there are in the works? Several! First and foremost the Kaibab and Arizona Strip Region. These areas fit the criteria perfectly for wolf reintoduction. Next comes the unit 9 & 10. These units close proximity to National Park and Indian Reservations makes them a close second to the proposal North of the canyon. A full wolf reintroduction will much more negativley affect YOUR ability to hunt elk and deer than auctioning off 55 tags to the highest bidders. Especially when a significant portion of the proceeds will go directly into fighting the wolf programs. 55 tags to the highest bidders and 295 raffle tags! How many of you would shut right up if you won a unit 10 or 9 early rifle tag in the raffle. The passion and energy that some of you express on this and other websites is impressive to say the least. Too bad it is spent punching computer keyes instead of applied toward things that can make an actual difference. Instead you choose to rant and rave and stroke each others lynch mob egos. Do you really think that Hamberlin and other wealthy people behind this bill really contrived it to make money for their own pockets? Really? Hamberlin has spent well over 1 million bucks in AZ buying tags. All you see is the "buying tags" part! You don't see the hundreds of thousands of dollars in time and material that has gone to water and habitat projects across so many of Az's top units! You are stuck in this wealth envy state of mind that is so typical of Liberalism! So what if they have more money than you and can purchase a tag and go hunt. We ought to thank them for spending it on auction tags, because you benefit from it each and everytime you go big game hunting in AZ! Instead you scream and yell about how they are tag theives and liars and backstabbers and out to get "YOUR" tags. How much have you screamers donated to the wildlife you hunt? How much have you whiners saved to fight the wolves and other political fights hurtling down the pike straight at AZ? How many of you bitchers have ever done one thing to perpetuate, improve and conserve AZ wildlife for future young hunters? So few of you that it is pathetic, just like your argument against this bill....Get off your self rightous high horses..

Nothing is stopping them from directly donating their money to the causes without having to cut to the front of the line every time they want to hunt. So yes, I believe it is an effort to get more tags for themselves. Why else would they write into the laws the part about THEIR tags not counting against the bag limit?

More auction tags means the price for these tags is going drop, which means they get their tags for less money. It's a Win Win if you got the green.

I think the tag whore's, and cronies related to AZSFW, probably thought they were just going to waltz in and get this bill passed. Now that we have seen their thru their lies and deception,and put up a fight, we get called whiners and bitchers, as well as being the "vocal minority" Really?

But hey, If I don't do anything for wildlife conservation, I am not allowed to voice my opinion? Really? is that the mentality of these yahoo's?

You try and steal from me and all Arizona sportsman, and then call me names.?

I find it ironic that whenever a sensitive issue arises, that we get a flurry of new members signing up to this website, who rant and rave, and call us names, and then scurry away like a cockroach. Mean while, your lobbyist is at the Govenors office trying to pull the wool over thier eyes. Telling them what a wonderful economic boost this bill would be,blah,blah,blah! Nothing but a bunch of liars, using the name of wildlife conservation for your theft.

Any guide or outfitters in support of HB2072 should be ashamed of themselves for putting profit above principal.

I for one will not support any business or entity that is in favor of HB2072. I will be vocal. It is my right!

This is worth signing up and making my first post on any message board ever....heck YEA average joe !!!! If anything like hb2072 ever gets through not only do we need to NOT spend $$ with anyone who supports it or is a SFW associate but we also need to remember it at election time !!!

We have a new member of the green (good guy) club. Our newest member is the inventor of big binos on tripod and big eye hunting. He has literally written the book on hunting the Kaibab and coues deer. He has spawned success and businesses for other outdoor equipment manufactures (Jim White adapter etc.) He has helped many people kill animals throughout the State of Arizona for decades and he does it without rock music and cheesey fanfare. I doubt he has an antler sticker on his back window. He is one of the best old school guides in Arizona and someone many try to copy but few ever will. I am proud to announce green font status to......

Duwane Adams @ arizonabiggamehunting.com

Thanks Duwane. About 5 years ago I called and left a message with your office about guide rates for the early Kaibab hunt for my father in law. I got a call back from you personally within 24 hours. You gave me some very sound information and actually kind of encouraged me to guide my father on my own. I respected your honesty back then and I am not surprised you took a stand against HB 2072. You are a heck of a hunter and an even better guy. Pull up a stump at the good guy campfire.

Ryan

I found this in my inbox this morning.

Hi javihammer,

I appreciate all that you are doing for us hunters out here on the right side of this issue. Even though I'm a guide, I am a regular guy that is for the average joe hunter and his right to hunt. I have posted my opposition to this backdoor tag grab on my website, www.ChappellGuideService.com as follows...

Regarding HB 2072 and SFW: We at Chappell Guide Service have always prided ourselves in guiding only individuals that have drawn their tags through the Arizona Game & Fish draw system. We feel that Arizona's current tag allocation system and draw process is unrivaled in the West and that the current number of raffle and auction tags are very adequate. We strongly support everyone's right to hunt whether guided or unguided and do not support a system where some are given advantage by circumventing the current draw system. We strongly support the North American Model of Wildlife Management and desire that everyone have equal opportunity to hunt Arizona's big game by obtaining their tag through the established drawing process. Therefore we do not support HB 2072 or any such legislation that would threaten, or diminish in any way, the general public's right to hunt the big game of Arizona.

Sincerely,

Steve Chappell

Chappell Guide Service

Steve Chappell from Chappell guide service has publicly denounced HB 2072 and has also taken things one step further. His company only guides people drawn through the public draw. Anyone that knows much about elk in Arizona knows that Steve’s outfit is one of the best. It seems that if you want help from one of the best you better play nice and get your tag the right way. Ladies and gents, please welcome our newest member……..

Steve Chappell - http://chappellguideservice.com/about_us

Thanks for the support Steve and we will have a cold one for you at the good guy campfire. It is awesome to see so many tier one guides stand up and support Average Joes and condemn the concepts and forces behind HB 2072. While the lower tier guides (Moss who?) spend their time renting 1500 square foot booths at “Expos” and playing politics, you guys just focus on putting your clients on boomer animals. Be safe and continue whacking the big ones buddy.

Ryan

I found this in my inbox this morning.

Hi javihammer,

I appreciate all that you are doing for us hunters out here on the right side of this issue. Even though I'm a guide, I am a regular guy that is for the average joe hunter and his right to hunt. I have posted my opposition to this backdoor tag grab on my website, www.ChappellGuideService.com as follows...

Regarding HB 2072 and SFW: We at Chappell Guide Service have always prided ourselves in guiding only individuals that have drawn their tags through the Arizona Game & Fish draw system. We feel that Arizona's current tag allocation system and draw process is unrivaled in the West and that the current number of raffle and auction tags are very adequate. We strongly support everyone's right to hunt whether guided or unguided and do not support a system where some are given advantage by circumventing the current draw system. We strongly support the North American Model of Wildlife Management and desire that everyone have equal opportunity to hunt Arizona's big game by obtaining their tag through the established drawing process. Therefore we do not support HB 2072 or any such legislation that would threaten, or diminish in any way, the general public's right to hunt the big game of Arizona.

Sincerely,

Steve Chappell

Chappell Guide Service

Steve Chappell from Chappell guide service has publicly denounced HB 2072 and has also taken things one step further. His company only guides people drawn through the public draw. Anyone that knows much about elk in Arizona knows that Steve’s outfit is one of the best. It seems that if you want help from one of the best you better play nice and get your tag the right way. Ladies and gents, please welcome our newest member……..

Steve Chappell - http://chappellguideservice.com/about_us

Thanks for the support Steve and we will have a cold one for you at the good guy campfire. It is awesome to see so many tier one guides stand up and support Average Joes and condemn the concepts and forces behind HB 2072. While the lower tier guides (Moss who?) spend their time renting 1500 square foot booths at “Expos” and playing politics, you guys just focus on putting your clients on boomer animals. Be safe and continue whacking the big ones buddy.

Ryan

Add my legislators,to the green list: Lynne Pancrazi, Russ Jones and Don Shooter. They have all been working hard for us.

If the rest on this forum can't promote their legislators, you have a problem. Call or email your legislator and demand a posoition statement on this bill and then make your decision. Don't wait for the other guy to do it for you.

Am I a pain in the A$$. Your dang right I am. Sometimes I'm know as the PITA of the west.

With all due respect,

George

Okay guys, I am not one to argue with George from YVRGV (who happens to be the guy that caught HB 2072 and notified us all of it in first place). George, Bruce, Allen, Terry and the others are kind of linked to the nomination committee so I am not going to green them yet. However, at George's suggestion, I am going to start adding legislators. The first three legislators that have given their public support to us hunters and are against HB 2072 are............

Lynne Pancrazi

Russ Jones

Don Shooter

Thank you for standing up for us on HB 2072 and we will remember and remind hunters who you are often between now and the next election. I know there are several more good legislators out there providing support against HB 2072, please respond to this post so that I can put you on our green list too.

Thanks,

Ryan

Looks like you can add boarderland adventures to the green list. Just saw in there facebook page

a letter the owner sent out against the bill...... thank you borderland outfitters....

Buzz dont divert the argument as it has nothing whatsoever to do with wolves, wolves were here before and they're back now. Thats all about a balancing of the available resources.

What this argument is about is a few folks with a self-focused interest unlawfully diverting wildlife funds for their own benefit