javihammer

Need more green ones (good guys)....who will be next?

As hard as it was for me to do I contacted some democrats in the legislature about this bill and a couple have actually thanked me for the heads up. Write them all and call when you can. We can raise the red alert and I am asking every one of them just to google HB2072 and see if they think AZSFW represents the majority of Arizona sportsmen/voters.

I have been on the phone most of the day as well. I have spoken to Jeff Flakes office a couple times, Justin Olson's office, Justin Pierce's office, Rich Crandall's office. Get in touch with all your legislatures now while we still have time. Overflow them with opposition to HB2072................Allen Taylor..........

UPDATE: After hours of emails and phone calls, here are my results: NO NEW GREEN LEGISLATOR'S......

all the below offices/legislators took the easy way out. No position statements. Too busy...what a crock...my interests are not important to them, but they sure want me to vote for them....we need to overwhelm them with phone calls. Force them to read the bill and make a stand...........Allen Taylor..........

Rich Crandall----602-926-3020----NO Position on HB2072...........email... rcrandall@azleg.gov

Justin Olson----602-926-5288----NO Position on HB2072......email....jolson@azleg.gov

Justin Pierce----602-926-5495---NO Position on HB2072......email...jpierce@azleg.gov

Jeff Flake......480-833-0092----No Position on HB2072

Where do I find out who my state legislators are? I pulled up the AZLEG site, and it gives me both district 3 and district 7.

Hope this link helps. If not, send me a PM, and I'll get you the specific info for you.

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31148

Thanks,

Bruce

just got off phone with legislator Justin Olson.....good conversation...he is going to gather info, call suzzane and come to a decision....at least someone called me back......hope he sees where I was coming from......allen Taylor.......

When I started this thread, we had two lonely green critter groups, Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club and Arizona Elk Society (more have come forward and I have “greened” them somewhere along this thread). Since then I have had a chance to work with both George Reiners (YVRGC) and Steve Clark (AES). These guys live and breathe conservation and they are both super green (ultra good guys). They are also very smart and go out of their way to share with the rest of us. We also have Norm Freeman and Robbie Woodhouse that besides being Commissioners, have the drive to fight the good fight for the quiet Arizona hunt majority. These guys donate their time and money, as well as the time lost with their families (a not insignificant expense) to keep hunt opportunity alive for strangers.

Much like Duwane Adams, they set an example that is hard if not impossible to aspire to. Steve Chappell is yet another, he searched for months for an elk he hit and lost during his archery elk hunt. He could have been like 99% of hunters and gave up, but he didn’t and it speaks to his ethics as does his position on HB 2072. We have guys like JD Pepper and Allen Taylor filling the voice mail boxes of every politician in the state of Arizona….all day long. We have Mark, Bruce, Donnie, Sir Royal…and many others I know I am forgetting to mention. Nick Heatwole was an AZSFW member and publicly “resigned”, a ballsy move and worthy of recognition. We also have Terry Herndon and Arizona Outfitter and Guide Service and his website TheArizonaHunter.com. Terry has been putting on youth camps for years with little to no organizational support. Terry and Kent Powell told me a story about a youth hunt where they fed kids with donated frozen hamburger patties from Mcdonalds (Kent grilled them). These guys have been doing this quietly for years, they are not rich with money but flush with ethics and a desire to leave things a little better than they found them.

The good guys also have two of the coolest outdoor girls in Arizona. Amanda Moors runs CW.com and there is no doubt she is tough, I can only imagine the number of times she has been asked to shut down or sanitize posts about HB 2072 and she has not. Amanda realized early that allowing this discussion to be vetted was in the best interest of hunters and allowed it to go on despite the stress. Stephanie Rainey is an outdoor videographer that has probably captured footage for more ill kids than just about anyone. She has a TV show and has advertised the AZGFD constituent meeting on 3/22/12 (at her own personal expense). Big Fin (a nationally known TV hunter with "On your own Adventures– Randy Newberg) has also come out on our local websites and shown support for Arizona hunters and against the forces that victimize hunters in the West.

We have four great senior guys from Arizona Game and Fish that with only a few days notice, drove out to Buckeye (50+ miles one way from the AZGFD office), to meet with a ragtag group of mostly novice desert conservationists to help clarify how we could do the most good for desert game. They stuck around for over two hours and never rushed us, they just answered our honest questions and gave us actionable information we could use.

We have three new green legislators, a new green outfitter Borderland Adventures (Matt Woodward), and a whole bunch of new people responding to surveys on both CW.com and rutnHard.com about HB 2072. I am working on a way to make sure those that earn “hunter friendly” green status receive the glory for a very long time after HB 2072.

I will note that it will become a whole lot harder to earn green status after this Friday, feel free to send me a PM if you want, especially if you are affiliated with a critter group linked to the AZSFW/AZSFWC/SFW. I can assure you, if you are an outfitter in Arizona this bill will NOT help you, I have done some extensive research over the last week and the people sponsoring this bill have no intention of seeing any auction tag work go outside of their inner circle. If you are a tier one or two guide service in Arizona, be very careful of guide services in Utah “befriending” you. They do not have your best interests in mind, I can assure you.

So, who do you want to line up with? A group of greedy people sponsored by a group in Utah with a bad reputation or a bunch of decent Arizonans with a drive and desire to make sure our kids, grandkids, Dads , uncles, and buddies have a chance to enjoy some of the things we have been fortunate enough to experience ourselves. If you honestly have to think about it you probably aren’t qualified to join our club anyway. We will be here long after HB 2072, come join us earlier than later, we have plenty of extra stumps at the good guy campfire and we know there are a whole lot more of you out there worthy of a seat. Send me a PM or respond to this thread directly so that we can recognize you publicly. If I missed anyone, please let me know, honesty and good ethics should never be forgotten.

Ryan

Got this from Tony Guiles this morning. I think this portion may be very important.

"Moreover, protocol requires a legislator offering a striker to first get the permission of the original bill’s sponsor."

Was Weiers the original sponsor? If so we should be once again bombarding his office with calls, emails and everything else possible.

Strikers are very hard to track and that's one of the things that makes them so dangerous. I would continue to contact your legislators on a weekly basis letting them know your concerns. At this point in time it doesn't hurt to sound like a broken record.

A “strike everything after the enacting clause” amendment (also referred to as a “strike everything” amendment or simply a “striker”) proposes to delete the entire text of the existing bill and substitute new language, essentially making it a completely different bill, possibly on an entirely different subject. These amendments are sometimes used to allow legislators to circumvent the deadlines on introduction of new legislation, deal with an issue that arises after the deadline or revive a bill that has previously been defeated. Because of the drastic effect of a strike everything amendment, legislative rules impose extended posting and notice requirements beyond those for other amendments. Moreover, protocol requires a legislator offering a striker to first get the permission of the original bill’s sponsor. Legislators may not propose strike everything amendments in either the Rules Committee or Committee of the Whole of either house or in a conference committee.

Better info.

Runningbird,

I believe that refers to getting the permission of the sponsor of the bill being struck, that is, the person whose bill is being set aside. In this case the "new" bill number we are watching for, not HB2072.

Bruce

Here is the link to the page that provides daily updates on committee agendas. This is likely where any striker will show up first. Notice that when you look at a particular committee agenda, the column on the right gives information on "strikers".

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/CommitteeAgendas.asp

Where do I find out who my state legislators are? I pulled up the AZLEG site, and it gives me both district 3 and district 7.

Hope this link helps. If not, send me a PM, and I'll get you the specific info for you.

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31148

Thanks,

Bruce

Got it down now - I must say I am ashamed for not being more familiar with this stuff. Thanks.

http://www.azleg.sta...tteeAgendas.asp

I've been checking this site all day. there have been some changes on the striker side. But so far nothing on 2072. Also checked with Steve Pierce's office twice today and they are still not seeing this move at all. I was told they have heard nothing about it at all this week. But they have gotten some calls against it.

Just got off the phone with Rich Crandall's office. He is OPPOSED to HB2072...another green guy award......call his office and say thanks......602-926-3020...Lewis is the guy who passed the info along.........Allen Taylor..........

Quote:

NRA, SCI and CSF Disavow Misleading Press Release

Today the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International and the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation publicly disavowed a misleading press release distributed on Friday, March 11th to congressional offices and other outlets. The press release blatantly misrepresents the position of these organizations regarding legislation to delist gray wolves under the Endangered Species Act.

The draft release was circulated by an individual representing Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife and Big Game Forever. The individual representing these two groups was immediately advised to remove the aforementioned organizations named in the release. Unfortunately, he did not, and the release was transmitted without correcting the inaccurate information.

The release in question claimed that the NRA, SCI and CSF along with the other organizations listed below are opposed to language relating to the delisting of gray wolves in spending legislation currently pending before the U.S. Congress. In fact, these organizations support that language, as well as every other measure that has been introduced in the U.S. House and Senate to date addressing this important issue.

Congressional offices and members of the media should exercise caution in accepting as fact, or repeating, any claims made by Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, Big Game Forever or any person claiming to represent them. Due to the blatant misrepresentation contained in the press release circulated by these two groups, any claims they make in the future should be thoroughly investigated and independently confirmed.