archerycrazy

New Group sponsored by AZGFD

A new group has been established by the Game and Fish Department as directed by the Commission on Jan. 25th.

The first meeting will be at the Department Headquarters from 6-9 PM on March 22nd. Commissioner Kurt Davis will chair. The meeting will be webcast.

Visit the Department website azgfd.gov for more information.

George

Here is the press release with the info about the webcast...

First meeting of Sportsmen’s Constituent Group to be held March 22

Posted in: News Media

Mar 5, 2012

A most important first meeting of the newly created Sportsmen’s Constituent Group (working title at this point) will be held on Thursday, March 22, from 6-9 p.m., at the Arizona Game and Fish Department headquarters at 5000 W. Carefree Highway in Phoenix.

The meeting will discuss how to best unite constituents (sportsmen/women and other wildlife enthusiasts, whether affiliated with an organized group or not) on immediate issues and challenges affecting the future of hunting, fishing and shooting sports, as well as Arizona’s wildlife future.

Any member of the public is welcome to attend.

The meeting was called for by action of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission at its Jan. 25 meeting and will be hosted/chaired by Kurt Davis, a member of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission.

The meeting will also be webcast at www.azgfd.gov/webcast.

A detailed agenda will be posted prior to the meeting.

I will be right there with you Amanda..i am excited to see what this will turn in to.

I think I spoke to harshly and too soon about this meeting. Kudos to Game and Fish for putting this meeting together. We have some good people over there.

That said, looking forward to the meeting :)

Ryan

I want to give a big thank you to Terry and Amanda for keeping us up to date not only on this forum but the AZ Hunter as well. I know it takes a lot of time to do what they do and I for one appreciate all they do along with all the other folks who are posting to keep us informed as things happen.

One week until the 3/22 meeting. I think we will have a good turnout. I posted on our fishing website as well. This could be the start of something that will 1) get more people involved and 2) set up an early warning system when nasty bills like HB2072 show up. See you all there.

Glen

The meeting Thursday evening at the Game and Fish Headquarters could be crucial for the future of our wildlife. Attendance is critical. For those who cannot get to that meeting, it will broadcast on the web and all regional offices. Attendance at the regional offices could be just as crucial. The Department is going to spend a great deal of OUR money to have these offices open. If you can't make it to Phoenix go to your nearest regional office.

George