Sign in to follow this  
sandman

First lion

My dad and I were out calling coyotes when this lion surprised us. It came in on the run to a cottontail in distress call.

post-5831-0-62687900-1331912799_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations on your first lion. That had to have gotten your heart beat racing. :)

TJ

Congratulations. Calling in -- and killing -- a mountain lion is something I always wanted to do. Seeing them close up was so unexpected that I couldn't put things together the two times a lion showed up.

Bill Quimby

he won't be eatin' no more rabbits :lol:

J/K

nice job!

James

Did you have the cabela's hoodie on when it came to call?

yes i had the orange hoodie on but i was hidden in some big granite boulders

Sweet job! How about more details on your stand? All of us callers want more information on how harvesting your first lion played out. Hand call or electronic call? How long into your stand did the lion show up? How long from the time you first spotted it until you shot it? How far was the shot? What weapon were you using? What time of day was it? What number stand of the day were you on when you tagged it? Just fill in the gaps for the calling junkies, please!

Sweet job! How about more details on your stand? All of us callers want more information on how harvesting your first lion played out. Hand call or electronic call? How long into your stand did the lion show up? How long from the time you first spotted it until you shot it? How far was the shot? What weapon were you using? What time of day was it? What number stand of the day were you on when you tagged it? Just fill in the gaps for the calling junkies, please!

\i used an electronic fox pro call with the baby cottaintail distress.The lion came in around 12 minutes into the setup on a dead run. i shot it with a 22-250 at about 70 yards. this was my second setup of the day around 9 am