I spoke with runningbird/mark today. HB2072 is being attached to some other bill (maybe 1300 or 1305) that is related to wildlife. I dont know how to find out, maybe someone can find out the "wildlife related" bills and then contact the bill sponsor to make sure the sponsor knows how opposed many sportsmen are to HB2072........WE ALL NEED TO PITCH IN WHERE WE CAN RIGHT NOW to stop the passage.............Allen Taylor...........

If you go to the Arizona Legislature homepage and type wildlife in the search box it will list every bill that includes that word. I see nothing on the Commerce agenda from Weiers and would think it will take them a few days to position the bill again. Keep looking and when someone figures out where they are hiding the weenie let us know so we can start our own lobbying efforts.

This is bs, please update as soon as possible.

I' ve been working with some friends and we have been emailing our reps to oppose HB 2072.

Also, I cannot get a response on their position. Just generic answers and thanks for my concerns. Is this normal?

At what point do these people need to stop pushing, this bill is opposed by almost everyone and it is still popping up. The azsfw needs to drop this completely.

If you go to the Arizona Legislature homepage and type wildlife in the search box it will list every bill that includes that word. I see nothing on the Commerce agenda from Weiers and would think it will take them a few days to position the bill again. Keep looking and when someone figures out where they are hiding the weenie let us know so we can start our own lobbying efforts.

I have been scouring this website several times a day looking for it, when it pops up I will find it.

This push on HB2072 makes me sick. It no longer matters what the general AZ hunter thinks. They have even said in their own meetings that they hope that 90% will forgive and forget within a couple of years. AZSFW knows what’s best and is going to ram this down the AZ resident’s throats. They can’t give a plan of attack, and this is simply an end run at tags.

I am a nonresident so I don't have much say about what happens in AZ. I have written to the legislators but am not sure it will help. I would be willing to bet the next change will be for AZSFW to push for the tags from the nonresident hunters. They can change this law to make it look like on 30+ tags will be auctioned and the rest will simply be a 2nd chance for residents at their tags. They will claim that the average AZ resident will actually have two chances at the draw. It is a win win for the residents. This is what happened in Utah and this is what AZSFW will try in AZ. It is time for AZSFW to stop saying they are not SFW. They started with seed money from Utah; they are trying to follow the Utah model and are touting the benefits of the Utah system as a reason for their proposed expo.

They are projecting 25 million from the expo. Really? This has been done in Utah. From the Utah expo: In 2011, 676 nonresidents applied for the Desert Bighorn Sheep tag; 666 nonresidents applied for the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep tag, 541 nonresidents applied for the Mountain Goat tag; 526 nonresidents applied for the one of the moose tags and 522 nonresidents applied for the other nonresident moose tag. I am sure most of those are nonresidents who applied for multiple species but to be generous let’s say 800 nonresidents traveled to Utah for their Expo. AZSFW should assume the same for their expo. How much extra money will 800 visitors to the state of AZ really generate? They claim the hotel rooms, food from local businesses etc. Their claims don’t hold water. It will create a 2nd chance at tags for people who live by the expo but those AZ residents who live out of the phoenix area will have to travel hours and hundreds of miles to apply for the second chance. To be very clear the Utah expo has worked great to generate money in Utah. The major thing is that the money has been raised for a VERY FEW people and Utah wildlife is not better off for it. This is what the AZSFW will get if they can get this passed.

I hope AZ residents can fight this. If there is anything else a nonresident can do please let me know.

To be very clear the Utah expo has worked great to generate money in Utah.

But does Utah have a game and fish expo, and the ISE ? How is another expo going to help us? I can see Utah doing well with the expo if it was the only one, but this is just a front for criminal theft. Gilstrap, get your filthy hands off my future tags!

I need to look for the Heritage Fund bill--if it gets attached to one that will go through i would bet this one will be the one.

Is there any legal precedent for the AZGFD to sue for thier/our tags if they're stripped of them by AZSFW?