4Falls

Kaibab NF users

Forest Service is on patrol, "looking for illegal wood cutters and shed hunters" <--- their words not mine. Just a reminder that they've closed many roads and they are watching.

Shed hunters?

There are some people who use their atvs to drive cross country all over the place looking for sheds.

Shed hunters?

There are some people who use their atvs to drive cross country all over the place looking for sheds.

....And those SHOULD be cited.

Shed hunters?

....And those SHOULD be cited.

I think the punishment needs to INCREASE on those that do this. My son and I were over a mile and a half from a road in unit 7W shed hunting last year and having a great day hiking - until a dude and a lady on a rhino came driving through with a bed full of sheds. couldn't get a plate #, and they didn't want to stop to chat.

Lazy. Just plain old fat lazy.

My intent was not to give a heads up to anyone participating in illegal activity, but merely as a reminder to my friends on CWT.com to be aware of what road you are on.

Kaibab does have maps but I'm told they can only be obtained at the Williams office.

• Like 1

Yes the maps at the Williams office. They closed a lot of roads and gave out maps last year. The officers we talked to last year said they are giving tickets this year. There are a lot of closed roads and they are not marked most of them good roads with numbers.

Coconino is changing their laws/rules soon and closing some roads to quads. I dont get why they bother if they cant even keep quads on the roads.

"Coconino is changing their laws/rules soon and closing some roads to quads. I dont get why they bother if they cant even keep quads on the roads."

IMO. The plan is just to struggle along attempting to save the forest from all the evil forest users. Then when they still have problems with folks going where they dont want them too they'll just close access completely. Which is what they want in the first place.

In the mean time, Im headed out this morning to enjoy my National Forests and maybe the Good Lord will smile on me and Ill stumble upon an antler.

One thing I wish they would do is put up road closed signs if they don't want you on certain roads. Their maps are not the easiest to read, and it's a hassle to check on a map everytime you want to go down a road to see if it's open.

I just called the Williams Ranger District office and they said they could not mail me a map of the travel management plan. Bosses orders until July when they update the map. However he did say if I was up there on a weekend that the Visitors center is open 7 days a week and I could get a map then.

My intent was not to give a heads up to anyone participating in illegal activity, but merely as a reminder to my friends on CWT.com to be aware of what road you are on.

Kaibab does have maps but I'm told they can only be obtained at the Williams office.

+1...sorry didn't want to seem like jerk.