rsager8970

Credit Card Dishonored for no reason

I used a Visa debit card and there is no possible reason why it would have been rejected. Every other transaction has worked on that card this month and there was always a sufficient balance to cover the cost of the tag.

What options do I have? It appears that not only did I lose out on the draw due to a mistake on their part I lose my preference point for the year and probably my loyalty point.

I guess paper aplications are the only way to go.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I used a Visa debit card and there is no possible reason why it would have been rejected. Every other transaction has worked on that card this month and there was always a sufficient balance to cover the cost of the tag.

The wierd thing is when I first checked it said I would have drawn my second choice and when I just checked it shows that I would have drawn my first choice.

What options do I have? It appears that not only did I lose out on the draw due to a mistake on their part I lose my preference point for the year and probably my loyalty point. I think I need to take a trip to the office and see what explanation they have to offer but I am sure it won't change anything.

Why would you lose your "preference" and loyalty?? That's the only part that doesn't make sense.

I'm hearing that you are one of many that has happened to. Let us know what you find out.

Same thing happened to us, We used a Chase visa debit card it always had sufficent funds to cover our tags, but draw results says we were rejected because card was dishonored. I'm wondering why? I think Im going paper app next year!

SpeciesHunt No.Season DatesOpen AreasPermit No.ResultReject DescriptionBULL ELK03134Sep 14 - Sep 27, 2012UNIT 8 ARCHERY ONLYREJECTRejectedCREDIT CARD DISHONORED

• Like 1

Jake,

I think if you don't successfully apply (as in it is rejected, you make an error etc), you dont get the pont for not being drawn, and in turn loose the 5 year loyalty point.

The wierd thing is when I first checked it said I would have drawn my second choice and when I just checked it shows that I would have drawn my first choice.

What options do I have? It appears that not only did I lose out on the draw due to a mistake on their part I lose my preference point for the year and probably my loyalty point. I think I need to take a trip to the office and see what explanation they have to offer but I am sure it won't change anything.

First, it's always dangerous to use a debit card for these things because banks are much more likely to deny internet charges for debit cards...their red flags go up more quickly when you're dealing with funds in someone's checking account...and rightly so.

Second, I'm not sure what you mean by "it shows that I would have drawn my first choice." The way the results are now shown, it only lists your first choice next to "NT DRWN"...even if you put a second choice. Is that what you're referring to?

I believe when G & F tried to access the funds and were denied,then you are correct, you will lose your BP for the year and your loyalty point. Hopefully they have an exception for this type problem because you already paid the application fee in the beginning of the draw process.

I'm not a fan of debit cards, don't even own one. It is my understanding that a credit card protects you against fraud better than the bank debit card. Also, I've used the same CC for all in state and out of state draws and license fees. This shows a pattern of Game and Fish charges over the years so the charge doesn't get denied for reasons of "suspicious charges". Lastly, I call ahead and authorize any charges from any Game and Fish departments.

I'm sorry to hear of this happening to you and others, I would be crushed if I was wearing your shoes.

Good luck getting this resolved

Sounds like it is a bank issue and not a G&F problem. You might be able to talk your way into getting your BP's if that is the case. Get a letter from your bank stating that the card was rejected as a precaution and not because of ISF.

• Like 1

Paper app all the way with a money order attached. Hand delivered so I can rest easy KNOWING it made it in. I am a bit leary using the debit or credit card.

I was with "MulieHunter" on the app and as soon as we know what the bank has to say we will post it here, my guess is the bank did this and AZGFD will not care one way or the other, we are just out of luck.

Anyway, good luke to all that drew tags, have fun and share your pics and stories when you get back!

signed, very disappointed..........

Sounds like it is a bank issue and not a G&F problem. You might be able to talk your way into getting your BP's if that is the case. Get a letter from your bank stating that the card was rejected as a precaution and not because of ISF.

+1 probably your best chance

See the post Terry made on TAH that he recieved from AZGFD about the draw problems.

http://www.thearizonahunter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=7258

Some forum posts remind me of the saying that we may not be able to control the situation, but we can control how we react to it.

Doug,

thanks for posting that link. I really appreciate getting the info from the horses mouth if you will. Hopefully the word will get out to all about what really happened and AZGF's contractor is better prepared for the Fall draws.

Jake,

I think if you don't successfully apply (as in it is rejected, you make an error etc), you dont get the pont for not being drawn, and in turn loose the 5 year loyalty point.

Gotchya. I misunderstood what he was saying.