Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

Nikon Binocular Warranty

In 2006 I asked fellow CWT members, about good binoculars under $500.00. The Nikon Monarch binoculars were highly recommended. So I purchased a pair of Nikon Monarch 12x56 binoculars, and they are great glass for the money. Fast forward to the 2011 archery deer season, while hunting the right eye cup breaks off, my left one gets dented, the lens get scratched. I remember when I bought them they came with a 25 year NO Fault warranty. They will fix them for $10.00 plus shipping even if its your fault they were broke. So what do I do when I get home from hunting? Nothing! I put the broken binoculars away and forget about them.Until I finally pulled them out on May 3rd of this year and called Nikon. They told me to send the binoculars to them, and they would fix them, So I mail them off the same day. So on Wednesday May 16th, I recieve a Brand new pair Nikon Monarch12x56 from Nikon, with a Letter from Nikon stating they could not fix my Old binoculars so they were replacing them with brand new ones. I say thats one awesome warranty!

Here the New Bino's!

post-940-0-56321100-1337453039_thumb.jpg

Thats good news. I have a pair I need to send in to them.

Alpen did the same for me, its good to know that good companies are still out there.

I'm gonna have to try again with mine then. I sent mine in 2 years ago with scratch and cracked eye cup with the understanding they'd fix both or replace. Sent back with scratches unfixed but eye cup was. Will try again.

i'm just about to send mine in. i hope i get the same treatment with a replacement. i also have a broken eye cup.

Stay on em cause I just got my estimate approval notice which only talked about my cracked eyecups even though I requested them AND my lenses to be repaired . I called em back and made sure they knew I wanted the lenses evaluated also.and the estimate was updated for a lens cleaning but still vague about scratches so I'm gona call again.

Mine crashed off the tripod . Fixed them good as new no questions asked....

They are 7 years old...18 more years of warranty. hellz ya!

Az

Well I had a repeat - eyecups fixed, lenses not even though they said they would. Talked to them again and will be sending them in a 3rd time.

I just sent mine off.. Hopefully I wont see any hiccups.

Thanks for the info milieu hunter. In 2009, I bought a new pair of Monarch 10x42's just before my muzzleloader hunt. Day one of the hunt, I was walking down a hill from glassing. I pulled the Monarchs off my neck to climb through a fence (the eye reliefs were open). As I went through, I dropped them right on the reliefs, and they closed straight down without twisting. Lost the bearings, and they both cracked. I took them home and spent hours doing my best to fix them. They work, but they are extremely fragile. I'm thinking maybe I should send them in and hopefully get them back before October. Great info! Thanks!

I have sent my monarchs in 2 times for broke eye reliefs. Definitely a weak point. Each time I got them back in about a month. They clean them up real nice and 1 time they sent me a 10 dollar gift card also. There customer service has been great for me.