Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Memorial Weekend

Everyone have a Happy and SAFE holiday weekend and dont drink and drive!

Just remember why this is a holiday weekend. Thanks to all our troops past, present, and future. God bless you all.

Nice post bonecollector. It's always important to take some time to remember what it is we are celebrating. Not just a "party weekend", we all need to think about those who have served our country so bravely over the years, and those still in harm's way.

Thanks for posting Shelvin. We all need to take the time to thank each and everyone of our servicemen and women. May God watch over you and bring y'all home save. :)

TJ

I am always grateful for the sacrifices made by our military. If you love your freedom, thank a vet!!

You're welcome! And my thanks goes out to all the othere vets out there!

Yes indeed. Raise a toast to our valiant service members, and to those who have fallen in the line of duty.

I was hoping to spend the weekend in the mountains, but my boss is going to Africa on a safari tour for 3 weeks. I need to be around to handle emergency service calls. Dangit!

Three more weeks and my son will be boarding a plane for his return home from Afghanistan. Thanks to all that pray for the safety of our troops and thanks to all that serve.

Thanks bonecollector for starting this post,I am a vietnam vet that remembers a time when our military was all but forgotten.I appreciate you and your thoughts.

• Like 1

Memorial Day was established to pay homage to those who paid the ultimate price serving the U.S. (Veteran's Day is set aside for all those who served or are currently serving in uniform).That difference undoubtedly is very real to those who have family members, friends, or service mates who gave their lives in combat (or otherwise). My heartfelt thanks go out to all of them (you) everywhere! I think it's vital we all remember the unique significance of both holidays. To you vets here on CW, thanks for your service (always!) and for standing with me on this post ...